4 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Drone problems

Hi Kyle,
have you removed the the vertical camera flex for the picture ? We see that the vertical camera is unplugged on the right side of the picture you shared.
The vertical camera is used to stabilise the drone and avoid drifting.

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

Kylewebb95
Explorer

Its kinda like it can't stabilize itself. It trys. To but ends up overcorrecting itself. When it backflips it doesn't shoot up fast and flip it moves a little and flips then comes crashing down, all wile trying to correct itself.

Kylewebb95
Explorer

http://tinypic.com/r/2urukog/9

The black 5 pin uptop. It works I already tried it and it works OK, but it's doing the same as before. It loses control and flips itself over, or it runs away almost like It thinks it's being tipped over. Sometimes it works OK other times it won't. It won't do flips anymore either, side flips it does perfectly, back and front flips it won't do at all. Also it spins by itself, almost like when you press calibrate, that kinda spin but it's when I try to desend from a height of like 4 meters

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle,

Can you share a picture of the pins your are referring to please ? Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 has only 8 pins on the motherboard and navigation board.

To share a picture, please host it in a dedicated website (or on Google drive, tinypic etc.) and paste the URL in the pop up window that appear when clicking on "Photo".

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

Highlighted
Kylewebb95
Explorer

Drone problems

My drone wouldnt ascend right, flipped over and broke 2 motors. Replaced them and it still won't ascend right, it's going slow. I have a spare motherboard but it is a 5 pin not 8, will it work on in place of the 8 pin? Also why isn't it working right? I've replaced near everything except the motherboard. Only thing original is the body lol