20 REPLIES
julianp
Master navigator

Re: What is the USB plug in the battery compartment for?

I would stay away from SanDisk. Even on PCs they are  sometimes identified as fixed Hard Disks instead of removable drives. Obviously that leaves little compatibility with flash removable drives. More info on the Internet. 32gigs Transcend, Kingston etc should do.

AsteroidS
Senior Navigator

Hi,

following all your posts, we have collected references and ordered the exact USB keys you mentionned as not working with AR.Drone 2.0.On reception, we will run some tests and check compatibility.

We will keep you informed.

did u bought the cruzer fit too? Smiley Very Happy
Parrot_drone_5
Senior Navigator

Hi,

following all your posts, we have collected references and ordered the exact USB keys you mentionned as not working with AR.Drone 2.0.On reception, we will run some tests and check compatibility.

We will keep you informed.
AsteroidS
Senior Navigator

I used a couple year old SanDisk 2.0 GB with no issues, FAT16 nonetheless; tried and failed with a 4GB GeekSquad FAT32.

will try to reformat mine from fat32 to fat16...
AsteroidS
Senior Navigator

The USB plug isn't for anything, since it doesn't work and customer service is blaming it on USB Drives, instead of fixing the problem themselves. I've tried 8 USB sticks at this point, from various manufacturers, and NONE of them work with the drone. What a joke.

guys@parrot please look into this issue asap. thanks.

I used a couple year old SanDisk 2.0 GB with no issues, FAT16 nonetheless; tried and failed with a 4GB GeekSquad FAT32.
N/A

The USB plug isn't for anything, since it doesn't work and customer service is blaming it on USB Drives, instead of fixing the problem themselves. I've tried 8 USB sticks at this point, from various manufacturers, and NONE of them work with the drone. What a joke.
AsteroidS
Senior Navigator

Ok got a gigaware 4gb at radio shack model #25-917. Works like a charm! finally I can record via USB no thanks to Parrot tech support USA. I'm sorry but they have got to have one of the worst customer service I have EVER delt with.

i may have to agree on that... they also need to improve on their products' user experience...
AsteroidS
Senior Navigator

this does not work it seems... can anyone with the same flash drive try?

SnowDrone
Senior Navigator

Ok got a gigaware 4gb at radio shack model #25-917. Works like a charm! finally I can record via USB no thanks to Parrot tech support USA. I'm sorry but they have got to have one of the worst customer service I have EVER delt with.