U_S_S__Enterpri
Senior Navigator

Re: What is the USB plug in the battery compartment for?

Hi U.S.S Enterprise,

I have replied to this on your other post.

Saw that, thanks.
Parrot_Advisor_3
Senior Navigator

Hi U.S.S Enterprise,

I have replied to this on your other post.
U_S_S__Enterpri
Senior Navigator

I was told that the USB stick has to be formatted for FAT32 for it to work probably. How do I know if my USB stick is formatted for FAT32?
78RN
Senior Navigator

The support page has a banner with quick tips... One says the USB recorder will help maintain a strong wifi connection... Weird,huh? One theory someone on here said referred to bandwidth use for recording. That makes sense.
mountaintop
Senior Navigator

I have tried a few drives and some work great and other don't so it maybe the write speed on the thumb drives.
JaxAtticus
Navigator

Has anybody had USB recording work? I plugged in an empty 4gb flash drive, set the application to record to flash, but the drive remains empty, and the recording went to my iPad.

I tried USB recording and it worked without any error. I did plug in the flash drive before I connected the battery. I flew and recorded it wi my iPad 2.
U_S_S__Enterpri
Senior Navigator

Has anybody had USB recording work? I plugged in an empty 4gb flash drive, set the application to record to flash, but the drive remains empty, and the recording went to my iPad.

I will test this add get back to you.
ajunderground
Navigator

U_S_S__Enterpri
Senior Navigator

I saw that in the battery compartment of the new ar drone 2.0 there is a USB plug. Anyone know what this is used for? I haven't seen anything in the manual or on parrot's site that explains this. I am very curious what the uses for it are; data/pictures/video storage, diagnostics?

It is for a flash drive. Plug a flash drive in and in settings enable usb recording. the drone will record video to the usb drive as an h.264 file that you can play on a computer. It works better than recording through your Ipad/phone/touch because the device doesn't have to devote bandwidth to the video stream and can control the drone better.

Thank you, I'll have to try that out.
Aellison123
Senior Navigator

I saw that in the battery compartment of the new ar drone 2.0 there is a USB plug. Anyone know what this is used for? I haven't seen anything in the manual or on parrot's site that explains this. I am very curious what the uses for it are; data/pictures/video storage, diagnostics?

It is for a flash drive. Plug a flash drive in and in settings enable usb recording. the drone will record video to the usb drive as an h.264 file that you can play on a computer. It works better than recording through your Ipad/phone/touch because the device doesn't have to devote bandwidth to the video stream and can control the drone better.