9 REPLIES
Master navigator

Re: Pictures

If I'm not mistaken, Google Photos isn't actually stored on your device.  It's on Google servers 'in the cloud' so you can access them wherever you go on any device.  If you don't remove them from where they are stored locally, you will quickly run out of space on your device as I have with my phone (but I've got hundreds of other pics & videos I have to sort through other than BB2 stuff).  

You don't have to wonder why you paid extra for a BB2--like I, you paid extra for a very easy to fly drone that takes pretty good pictures (especially in RAW format) that can travel a pretty long distance from you while being more portable than most other drones in its price range and having much longer battery life than the cheaper drones.

You've got an Android device, trust me, you NEED a file explorer.  I mentioned ES but the version I have is an older one that I love, I've read that the latest version has issues, mostly bloat ware.  A file explorer is no different than Windows Explorer on your pc, peeking around every nook & cranny.  I even had to show my son some tricks when he was running out of space on his phone. Installed es & showed him the folders on his phone.  Another great thing about Es File Explorer (can't speak for the others since I'm not familiar)-- you can cast your pictures & videos to your smart tv if you have one or a device like Nvidia Shield tv (I love mine!) or Chromecast & I believe even Roku devices.

Senior Navigator

First off, I hate that it said there is a solution when I didn't say my problem was solved. I am beginning to really wonder why I paid the extra money for a Parrot drone. I found where my pictures are showing without downloading a file program. They are in Google Pictures (has a pinwheel icon) and show up in order with current pictures.  

Master navigator

Go to Google Play store and search for ES File Explorer.  It's free to download & use & is very useful for many other things too.

yeah, my pics said they went to my gallery when they finished uploading from the BB2 on my Samsung S6 but they didn't--at least not anywhere I could see them.

Ive only had my BB2 a week & I love it, especially now that I found that the RAW files, when I choose to take the pics in DNG format, are actually raw and the size I expected them to be but nowhere in the instructions does it say I had to hook the BB2 to my PC to see them!  I hooked straight into my pc yesterday just to move the pics over faster since the battery was very low.  I was shocked (and a lot happier with the BB2) to see several .dng images along with the jpegs!

Senior Navigator

I don't have that program. Must be a Samsung program. It says it is supposed to go to my Gallery. It would be nice if they would just fix the software and update it. I bought this drone because of the camera.

Retired contributor

Hi @ImStillaYankee, the system triggered several times for the message. We don't know what happened at that moment. We confirm that your profile is "verified". Can you share with us which device your used + name and version of the browser and the type of connection (smartphone data plan, Wi-Fi etc.) please ? Thank you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Master navigator

Holy cow, Parrot.  I tried replying & kept getting a message that I wasn't verified, even though I've already posted before.  So I change my email address & reverify so I can help someone out, now there's 3 posts of mine! Gimme a break.

Master navigator

I have a Samsung S6 Edge+ and the same thing happens to me. After pulling my hair out looking through every spot possible on the phone, I remembered about ES File Explorer. Opened it, went to Local, Internal Storage, DCIM, Bebop 2. Might be somewhat different on your tablet but I've been using ES File Explorer for many years & it's great. Hope this helps.

Master navigator

I have a Samsung S6 Edge+ and the same thing happens to me.  After pulling my hair out looking through every spot possible on the phone, I remembered about ES File Explorer. Opened it, went to Local, Internal Storage, DCIM, Bebop 2.  Might be somewhat different on your tablet but I've been using ES File Explorer for many years & it's great.  Hope this helps.

Master navigator

I have a Samsung S6 Edge+ and the same thing happens to me.  After pulling my hair out looking through every spot possible on the phone, I remembered about ES File Explorer. Opened it, went to Local, Internal Storage, DCIM, Bebop 2.  Might be somewhat different on your tablet but I've been using ES File Explorer for many years & it's great.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Senior Navigator

Pictures

I take pictures from the on-board camera. They show up on the app. I select the transfer. The app goes through the motions downloading pictures.  They are nowhere to be found on my Samsung tablet.  I have even tried on my Droid Turbo 2. I am on the new Freeflight Mini program and am updated. Everything I can find online says the pictures should go to my Gallery.  Please help.