louigi600
Master navigator

Re: [Update] Firmware 2.6.8 for Airborne Cargo

Yes I've had the same issue right after updating the firmware. I managed to downgraded the firmware to 2.1.70 (because that's the only old version I was able to find) but although the drone is stable again I've lost inclined turns. Parrot please give us the means of backing up the previous firmware prior to upgrading as 2.1.70 is probabbly older then what was shipped on my drone ... or give us a link to a firmware archive with all the firmware versions for all the drones.

I noticed that the Mambo got a new firmware although 2.6.6 used to work fine on it: why is Parrot not fixing this firmware that has been repoted several times as making the drone unstable ?

stevec5000
Master navigator

So when are the idiot programmers at Parrot going to fix it?  Is there a way to go back to an earlier version?    Also,  Freeflight Mini can't connect to the cargo drone anymore and neither  Freeflight Mini or Freeflight Pro can connect to Flypad!  This kind of incompetence by the ***** at Parrot is  not acceptable!  

agemo
Master navigator

We have a discussion already here about this unstable firmware update:

https://community.parrot.com/t5/Airborne-Night-Drone/Update-Firmware-version-2-6-8-for-Airborne-Nigh...

Airborne Night seems the same as Cargo. And I have just compared the two firmware update files, they are the same. So it's a good assumption, that the same hardware works under them.

stevec5000
Master navigator

YES!  The crappy firmware updates killed my drone!  The  update to the Freeflight Mini app screwed it up too so it can't connect to the drone or the Flypad anymore!

stevec5000
Master navigator

After the last update the Cargo Drone no longer works!  There was a firmware update to the drone and after that it would  just  circle down and crash   Then, after the Freeflight Mini  app was also updated it can no longer connect to the Drone!  The phone  does pair with Bluetooth but when the app is started it cause  Bluetooth to disconnect!   The app can't connect to the  Flypad either!    Bluetooth  will pair but the app says it can't find any Flypads!  I was going to just use the Flypad by itself but none of the buttons  or controls are labeled except Take Off so I don't know what it might do or if there is any way to land it.  It will probably just fly away!

Are you folks at Parrot complete idiots?  Why release software that kills the product?   When will the drone firmware and the app be fixed?

anemavrid
Navigator

I am the owner of 5 Airborne Cargo Travis, 4 Mars and 1 Mambo minidrones. I plan to organize a drone camp during this summer in the city of Xanthi, Greece and the main drone I am going to use is the parrot Airborne Cargo and Mambo minidrones.

I have uploaded the new firmware (2.6.8) but my sense is that with the new firmware the minidrones are not so stable as before. I have noticed a small turn to the right during flight and also some difficulties to hold a stable altitude. Moreover, I cannot perform the Foeward and Backward turning around manoeuvres (or whatever they are called) doubleclicking on the right side of the smartphone App. On the other hand the right and left turning around manoeuvres are not so stable as before.

I don't know if I have done something wrong, but I thing that the control of the minidrones has worsen with the new firmware. Did anyone else notice that?

Highlighted
Retired contributor

[Update] Firmware 2.6.8 for Airborne Cargo

Hi all,
the new firmware version 2.6.8 for the Parrot Airborne Cargo is released. The release note displays the change made on this version. Note that you can use the Flypad directly with the Airborne Cargo without using the smartphone.  To update the drone, go on the app FreeFlight Mini with a device connected to internet, press "Check for Updates" and download it. The app will require connecting to the drone to transfer and install the update.
Note that the warning light indications changes with this version, a knowledge base article will be available for that matter. 
if you have any question don't hesitate to share within this topic, don't forget to specify the model and OS version of the smart device you are using and the steps you follow if you have a technical question. Thank you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.