12 REPLIES
louigi600
Master navigator

Re: [Update] Firmware 2.6.8 for Airborne Cargo

I ran into problems while trying to document the instabilities because I've no way to fil at the same time user input and drone behaviour.... but I made a video of what I think is the only sane thing to do with a parrot minidrone: https://youtu.be/GMc6RgVTjhQ
Yes the only things that I think are worth saving are the frame, the motors and the props (if unlike me they survive after updating the firmware).

louigi600
Master navigator

Just in case there's any doubt since this thead is not very moisy you should have a look at this other thread on the Airborne Night (that uses the same firmware and probabbly has the same hardware):
https://community.parrot.com/t5/Airborne-Night-Drone/Update-Firmware-version-2-6-8-for-Airborne-Nigh...

louigi600
Master navigator

As soon as I've time I'll make a video of how the cargo flies with ond stable firmware and then how it flies after updating to 2.6.8 ... so then Parrot can no longer claim that it working the same as the Mambo.

louigi600
Master navigator

@rthomp275:As far as my experience goes with the airborne cargo I think it would be best if you buy from banggood an F3_EVO_Brushed with integrated RX and use that instead of the parrot flight controller in the airborne cargo.
You will haveto get a proper model aircraft remote  control transmitter (Spectrum, FrSky or FlySky one) but on the whole you will have a much better flight experience then with the phone or the parrot fly pad which all suffer from sporadic random delay and a very much increased range.
I'm sorry to say this but I've been left starnded by Parrot on a new airborn cargo (as of summer 2017). Parrot even neglect the fact that many people have had problems on the new firmware and they don't even give an official way to roll back to something that will fly stable again. Even banggood will give you better support then this on their cheap  Chinese stuff.

rthomp275
Navigator

my 2 have died completely after update no lights nothing, not sure what to do now

Retired contributor

Hi @louigi600, the Mambo and Airborne recently share the same stabilization library. As motors are similar and the size is the same it shouldn't be a problem to get the same stability with both MiniDrones. Downgrades are not supported as we encourage to use the latest firmware with the latest version of the app to get the most of the MinIdrone and get the different fix brought.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

louigi600
Master navigator

Yes I've had the same issue right after updating the firmware. I managed to downgraded the firmware to 2.1.70 (because that's the only old version I was able to find) but although the drone is stable again I've lost inclined turns. Parrot please give us the means of backing up the previous firmware prior to upgrading as 2.1.70 is probabbly older then what was shipped on my drone ... or give us a link to a firmware archive with all the firmware versions for all the drones.

I noticed that the Mambo got a new firmware although 2.6.6 used to work fine on it: why is Parrot not fixing this firmware that has been repoted several times as making the drone unstable ?

stevec5000
Master navigator

So when are the idiot programmers at Parrot going to fix it?  Is there a way to go back to an earlier version?    Also,  Freeflight Mini can't connect to the cargo drone anymore and neither  Freeflight Mini or Freeflight Pro can connect to Flypad!  This kind of incompetence by the ***** at Parrot is  not acceptable!  

agemo
Master navigator

We have a discussion already here about this unstable firmware update:

https://community.parrot.com/t5/Airborne-Night-Drone/Update-Firmware-version-2-6-8-for-Airborne-Nigh...

Airborne Night seems the same as Cargo. And I have just compared the two firmware update files, they are the same. So it's a good assumption, that the same hardware works under them.

stevec5000
Master navigator

YES!  The crappy firmware updates killed my drone!  The  update to the Freeflight Mini app screwed it up too so it can't connect to the drone or the Flypad anymore!