Bibosch
Senior Navigator

Re: [Update] Firmware version 2.6.8 for Airborne Night

agemo wrote:

.........Anyway, is it possible to revert firmware, until the next update? If I copy back the old firmware will it safely revert the actual one?

No, I tried it but it doesnt work.
Bibosch
Senior Navigator

I am also having the Problem, that the Drone doesent fly stable. Suddently the Drohe raised and flew against a wall. Drone crashed and i had to send it back to the place i bought it. I bought an new one and with software update 2,6,8 its the same problem. drone moves from here to there and doesnt fly stable. i am not so shure if i should fly the drone outside. mabe then a second crash wil happen.

The idea to control the drone without a smartphone (only flypad) is a good idea, but only in theory.

Thewho6 wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with the drone since the update drone is all over the place

Thewho6
Master navigator

that is what going on with my also. like not having to use a smartphone anymore and can use the flypad. but the drone is all over the place will be waiting for the update to come out

agemo
Master navigator

Unfortunately same here. Direct connection with flypad ok, boot up much faster, but flying is not that smooth, as with the previous firmware.

For example:

- drone not always stabilizes when I release all controls (start pivoting, moving)

- drone starts to ascending during fly (I do not push the ascend control) - thing happend with the old one too, but not that ferquently

- flips looks strange, and it takes a lot of time to stabilize after it

- pivot with the drone is not that computable

These things happen with flypad, with or without smartphone connected.

I'm looking forwared for the fixes!

Anyway, is it possible to revert firmware, until the next update? If I copy back the old firmware will it safely revert the actual one?

Thewho6
Master navigator

Anyone else having trouble with the drone since the update drone is all over the place

Highlighted
Retired contributor

[Update] Firmware version 2.6.8 for Airborne Night

Hi all,
the new firmware version 2.6.8 for the Parrot Airborne Night is released. The release note displays the change made on this version. Note that you can use the Flypad directly with the Airborne Night without using the smartphone.  To update the drone, go on the app freeFlightMini with a device connected to internet, press "Check for Updates" and download it. The app will require connecting to the drone to transfer and install the update.
Note that the warning light indications changes with this version, a knowledge base article will be available for that matter. 
if you have any question don't hesitate to share within this topic, don't forget to specify the model and OS version of the smart device you are using and the steps you follow if you have a technical question. Thank you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.