8 REPLIES
desmond13
Senior Navigator

Re: Bebop 2 beeps at a continuous period (~1s) when not flying

@dries_w Ok. I wanted just to report the tests I have done to give everyone an idea of what was going on. I will contact customer support asap. 

dries_w
Commander Pilot

@desmond13wrote:

I had the opportunity to try with an Android phone (Android 8.0) and what we noticed is the following. 

1. We turn on the drone, it boots up and starts beeping as I told you

2. We connect the drone to the android FF Pro app

3. In the map there is a bell which is green, we press it (the bell becomes red) and the drone stops beeping in the usual way but it starts beeping in another way (I think it is the beep which should be done when you enable find my drone).

4. We press the bell again and the drone stops beeping!

5. We take off, and the drone flies well (indoor) 

6. We land, and the drone starts beeping again with the usual beep (not the find my drone one)

What do you suggest to do? 

Thats exactly what I did reply before (your points 1-5). Your point 6 is not good so I stay with my advice to contact Customer Service. 

"BB2 -iPhone 6S - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
desmond13
Senior Navigator

I had the opportunity to try with an Android phone (Android 8.0) and what we noticed is the following. 

1. We turn on the drone, it boots up and starts beeping as I told you

2. We connect the drone to the android FF Pro app

3. In the map there is a bell which is green, we press it (the bell becomes red) and the drone stops beeping in the usual way but it starts beeping in another way (I think it is the beep which should be done when you enable find my drone).

4. We press the bell again and the drone stops beeping!

5. We take off, and the drone flies well (indoor) 

6. We land, and the drone starts beeping again with the usual beep (not the find my drone one)

What do you suggest to do? 

dries_w
Commander Pilot

@ZoonORama@Island_Bob

When the 'bell' is set on in FFpro Find My Drone, you can hear the beeping before Take Off, after Landing there is no more beeping :-)

Edit: after WiFi disconnection you will hear the beep, that's obvious. 

desmond13
Senior Navigator

Thanks to both for the answer. I will try to connect the bebop to the smartphone app asap and will report here. We connected both with android and iOS. 

The thing that  I don't understand is that we never enabled this this Alarm. It just started after a landing. 

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

@ZoonORamawrote:

I know this probably not the case but.... make sure that on the calibration screen for the BB2 that the Bell button in the upper right corner of the map is not active. You might trying pushing that on and off to see if it corrects the issue with the beeping.

Agree. There's a bit of variation in how these new features work on different devices and platforms. It sounds like your "Bip" Alarm is stuck "on" in the app. See if you can turn it off on the Find My Drone screen. What device, what OS are you using?

ZoonORama
Master navigator

I know this probably not the case but.... make sure that on the calibration screen for the BB2 that the Bell button in the upper right corner of the map is not active. You might trying pushing that on and off to see if it corrects the issue with the beeping.

dries_w
Commander Pilot

If a Reset wont help stopping this beeping then I would contact the retailer Customer Service.

Highlighted
desmond13
Senior Navigator

Bebop 2 beeps at a continuous period (~1s) when not flying

Hi, my Parrot Bebop 2 was flying fine until today. I was just trying to take off, do some trajectory with the controller, and land. At some point the drone, when on the ground, started regularly to beep without stopping. The beep stops only when the drone is flying and it is really annoying.

The drone flies well but the beep (probably coming from the motors) is always present when on the ground and at boot-time the drone does not make the classical 4 motor-beeps that it was making before.

Could you help me to fix this problem?

I tried to:
- factory reset
- recalibrate the drone through the flight pro app
- changed battery
- made sure that the firmware is updated
But nothing worked.

Thanks.