10 REPLIES
Chasbro
Commander Pilot

Re: Bebop2 power battery used in a Bebop 2

That's  what I've been trying to find out is how many "extra couple of minutes" are we looking at. My best Anbee 3100 mAh will go 27 minutes under ideal conditions (7 mps forward, calm wind). If the power battery can beat that by 5 minutes then it might be worth adding it to the arsenal for those exotic long range flight plans. I don't  worry about the warranty, I've usually violated that on the first day.

Mr_Bebop2
Senior Pilot

Is be careful of warranty issues using the power battery on a BB2, as described Parrot say not to use the power battery on the standard BB2 though. 

Is it worth it for the extra couple of mins fly time? I'd rather just buy another BB2 battery instead

Chasbro
Commander Pilot

Thanks SuperSport. That's the kind of info I was looking for. Now, if someone would share what kind of flight times they get in the real world, we can determine if it's worth it.

SuperSport
Navigator

The two chargers have different plugs, so you can not interchange the charging cords between the chargers.  With that said, you can absolutely use the Power Battery in the Standard Bebop 2, and vice versa.  But, you will need to purchase the charger that goes with the new batteries if you want a full charge.  If you don't care about a full charge, you can use the standard charger to charge the Power batteries.

DO NOT use the new charger on the old battery, even though it will fit as it will overcharge the older batteries and make them not work in the Bebop 2.

Chasbro
Commander Pilot

I'm  thinking the power bebop will allow a 13 volt battery to fly while the old bebop 2 rejects it. My old bebop 1 would return a "cell number error" if it saw more than 12.6 volts. I also wonder what measures they took to keep the bebop 2 battery from being plugged into the 13 volt charger. 

argi_2000
Master navigator

"people might use a non-HD charger ("old" bebop 2 charger) to charge their BeBop 2 Power lipo battery which can cause serious damage"

Nope, the non-HD-Charger only gets the power-battery to 90% charge @13,2V (3x4,2).....provides an even longer Livespan for the battery.

Flight time with such a 90% charged power battery should be identical to a 100% charged bebop 2 standard battery due to the higher weight.

Buoyancy
Senior Navigator

I think they say that because people might use a non-HD charger ("old" bebop 2 charger) to charge their BeBop 2 Power lipo battery which can cause serious damage, other than that using the BeBop 2 Power battery on a BeBop 2 looks to me as a higher quality/reliable battery compared to GiFi batteries or other generic brands

Chasbro
Commander Pilot

That's the official line alright. I'm  trying to figure out how and why. And I still haven't heard anyone share what their  flight times are.

Mr_Bebop2
Senior Pilot
Solution

No, according to Parrot anyway here...

"This battery must only be used with Parrot Bebop 2 Power and no other Parrot drone or device"

https://www.parrot.com/uk/spareparts/drones/power-battery-bebop-2-power#power-battery-for-bebop-2-po...
Chasbro
Commander Pilot

Yes, a detailed  answer would be most welcome. Will a fully charged power battery work in an "old" bebop 2. And what kind of flight times do you get.