7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Retired contributor
Solution

Re: Cant use my skycontroller after the new firmware updates?

Hi all,
If you use Android, you can check drone's setting to be sure that it is working on the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band by connecting the smart device.
If you use an iPhone, and iOS 11.0, there is a bug in the OS that creates problems on the USB connection. It will be corrected in the next update, already in beta for developers, the version 11.1 of iOS fix the issue. If you are eager to use it, and if you a developer, you are welcome to try it. Thank you!

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

bebegandy
Explorer

its happening with me too..rigth now!

since the new version, my SC2 doesnt connect to my cellphone... i mean, only charge the phone but can connect to smartphone. i only can fly with drone by my smartphone..but its not the same.. please hep

wv1111
Explorer

After the recent firmware update of the sky controller black i cannot connect  my skycontroller to a tablet anymore.

Bebop 2 and sky controller conect and sc shows wifi signal but cannot get a signal on the tablet for sc.

worked ok prior to updates

Please Help.

Retired contributor

Hi,
Can you describe exactly the steps you follow to connect your Skycontroller and your drone. If you have screenshots to share that will help all visitors of the Community (pictures must be hosted in an external website, copy the URL in "photo").

Have you created of logged your Academy account, to do so click on "my flights". Then share your username.

To improve your chances of success you will proceed to a full reset of the drone before trying to reconnect :

• On the smartphone, "forget the network" of the Skycontroller and drone
  • On you drone, press ON/OFF button for 10 seconds, the reset will take a few minutes (do a backup of you pictures and make sure to have at least 60% of battery charge)
  • On the skycontroller, press record + emergency (Skycontroller red/blue/yellow) or  record + center camera (Skycontroller Black edition) for 5 seconds, lights will indicate the soft reset.

Then, connect your smartphone to the skycontroller, launch FreeFlight Pro, watch Skycontroller settings and finally connect a drone ("v" shaped button).

Let us know how this works for you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Zeaig
Senior Navigator

At the risk of sounding rude and not meaning to, maybe I didn't word it well enough but I did update the firmware and software on all devices as I stated in my post.

Retired contributor

Hi all,
@Zeaig does the answer of @Skydreamer helped you ? Don't hesitate to press the button "Accept as a solution" if this helped you.
To summarize the case, lastest firmwares version are for Bebop 2 -  v.3.9.0 and for Skycontroller (1) v.1.7.4 .
connect the smartphone to the Skycontroller's Wi-Fi01-FFPRO-mainscreen.pngFFPRO-Skycontroller1-detected.pngYou can see the skycontroller on the remote section of FreeFlight Pro app

FFPRO-Skycontroller1+BB2-homepage.png

Then connect to your Bebop 2 by pressing "connect to a drone v".

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Did u update skycontroller firmware 1.7.4.....freeflight pro......bebop 2  is now 3.9

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
Zeaig
Senior Navigator

Cant use my skycontroller after the new firmware updates?

After the recent firmware and software updates to freeflight pro, i cannot connect to my bebop with my skycontroller and ipad anymore.

After connecting my Skycontroller to my drone, when i connect my ipad to my skycontroller as well it will not let me fly or show video. It acts as if nothing is connected at all, If i ONLY connect my ipad it works fine.

This has only started happening after the latest updates. Am i doing something wrong? or has something changed that i am unaware of?