10 REPLIES
Markhamf
Senior Pilot

Re: Control Freeze followed by Cut-Out Alert Crash

Drone arrived back from Parrot yesterday (on a Saturday! Nice!), camera is brand new, no cost to me.

I did a downgrade to 4.0.6 (and set RTH Height to 65m - instructions on this is on these forums so I'm not sure if it's as moderated as we think? Nos sure!)... spent the day flying her. (And the Mavic didn't see daylight at all this day, nothing personal Mr. Mavi! Smiley Wink ). 

4.0.6 runs fine, smooth tilting isn't in this release but I'll be OK without it for now.

My Bebop 2 flies like a champ, kudos to Parrot for sorting it out so professionally. Hoping whatever happened doesn't happen again (and, if it is indeed a bug on 4.4 - seems like it is - then hoping it gets sorted ASAP).

Thanks to you guys for assisting (and thanks for the PM, sergeyp!).

Markhamf
Senior Pilot

Before I put the bird back in the air: what's the general consensus on relaible firmware?

4.0.6?

I see from 4.2.0 (which had the calibration issue) and 4.2.1 onwards, there're actually a number of motor cut-outs reported, similar to my experience, in some cases preceded by an idle hover (just like my fall-from-the-sky).

And if I use 4.0.6, I have to use FFP 4 (V4.3.10 is the latest 4.x under iOS) as well, right?

I want her to stay in the sky this time ;-)

sergeyp
Master navigator

read your PM. Forum is moderated, no such links allowed.

Markhamf
Senior Pilot

The retailer organized a collection from Parrot's local repair partner yesterday - they picked it up and in the space of a day, the camera has been replaced!

Rather incredible service, kudos! Hopefully she's back within the next day or two!

Does anyone know where I can get the previous firmware version (.plf file) - preferably for a version without the drop-out-the-sky issue? I'd like to restore it to a more stable firmware prior to taking flight again.

Thanks!

sergeyp
Master navigator

they are almost. If you read news, looks like there is a shift from retail market towards industry applications. will see

solurix0e86
Co-pilot

Markhamf wrote:

I stay abroad so don't seem to have a local contact number for Parrot, but it's under warranty (under a year old) - Parrot's web site indicates I must contact the retailer I purchased from.

I'll do so. 

If you guys keep doing this. They will go bankrupt soon. 

"Look on my work, ye mighty. And despair! " https://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Markhamf
Senior Pilot

solurix0e86 wrote:

firmware 4.4 has been confirmed by a lot of users already that its bug would kill the drone in motor cutoff.

Yeah after some research it sounds like you're right. This is almost the exact same thing that happened to me:

https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2/NEW-Update-Firmware-4-4-0-for-Bebop-2-Bebop-2-Power/m-p/1838...

...except it was right in front of me when it happened. Some other reports as well. 

I stay abroad so don't seem to have a local contact number for Parrot, but it's under warranty (under a year old) - Parrot's web site indicates I must contact the retailer I purchased from.

I'll do so. 

Joller79
Senior Pilot

@Markhamf You made me wonder... What is the longest flighttime anyone has with the bb/bb2. With no spares, only props..

my basher has 13 hours on it, but is shelfed, because motherboard is bend, and fails when warm...

Bebop 1 on 4.0.6, bebop1 on 4.0.6 for spares(water damaged board)
Bebop2 on 4.0.6 repaired after crash. And bebop 2 on 4.0.6 in mint condition. Iphone 6 ios 9.0.x

solurix0e86
Co-pilot
Solution

firmware 4.4 has been confirmed by a lot of users already that its bug would kill the drone in motor cutoff.

"Look on my work, ye mighty. And despair! " https://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Why dont you call support,i would be really interested to hear what they have to say about this”latest problem”

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg