dries_w
Commander Pilot

Re: [New feature] Follow Me GPS & Visual tracking with Parrot Bebop 2

stel wrote:

Agreed for auto framing. However, I think it might happen for auto framing in which bebop 2 will follow a moving object which might move out of range.

Pse read the reply from @X-ParrotCommuni so you know your thinking the wrong way :-)

"BB2 -iPhone 6S - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
stel
Master navigator

Agreed for auto framing. However, I think it might happen for auto framing in which bebop 2 will follow a moving object which might move out of range.

noxbit
Master navigator

What kind of time frame are we looking at for android? (that OS that way more people have and use)

Cant wait to play with this.

Hterag
Commander Pilot

@X-ParrotCommuni Could you tell us how much the in-app purchase is? Has the update been submitted to Google Play already or will it be a longer wait before Android users get it?

I think it's pretty smart to use the phone for the processing. I'm thinking that's how DJI does it, too. Just hope the Parrot implementation is fast and accurate enough.

EDIT: Firmware 4.0 changelist is available here: https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2-Knowledge-Base/Release-note/ta-p/73

For those too lazy to click:

Version 4.0.0

Reasons for new version

•      New Feature : Follow Me GPS & Visual tracking
  •      Minor Bug fixes
Retired contributor

stel wrote:

For auto follow and auto framing, what will Bebop 2 react if the wifi connection is lost?

Good answer from @dries_w, distance is too short to lose Wi-Fi connection. In the case the connection is interrupted between the drone and the smartphone's subject, the follow will be interrupted [EDIT] and the drone will do a specific RTH based on the latest known GPS coordinated of the smartphone (subject's GPS information is provided by the smartphone, a visual tracking processing is done by FreeFlight Pro).
Note that if the drone visually loses you in Auto Follow it will be able to continue following with GPS, if you get back in the green selection square, then the visual tracking will continue. To optimize the visual tracking, select the body of the subject with the minimum background possible. Wearing highly contrasted colors helps to improve the tracking.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Imho the distance is to short in these modes to loose WiFi contact.

stel
Master navigator

For auto follow and auto framing, what will Bebop 2 react if the wifi connection is lost?

Hterag
Commander Pilot

This is great news so far, glad to see the Bebop still being supported. How much does the feature cost? I need it for Android so I'll wait a bit and see how it goes.

dries_w
Commander Pilot

To late, I allready buy BebopPro a few months ago  :-)

Highlighted
Retired contributor

[Feature] Follow Me GPS & Visual tracking with Parrot Bebop 2

Hi all,
A new version of FreeFlight Pro on iOS is available, you will discover the feature Follow Me GPS and Visual tracking. Android users may be able to use it soon.

The version is available for free during 15 days trial period since activation, and then it is available on in-app purchase. The feature Follow Me GPS and Visual tracking is compatible with Parrot Bebop 2 only (using the firmware version 4.0.0 and above). You can use Auto Follow and Auto Framing feature depending on your use scenario. Note that visual tracking depends on the performances of the controlling smartphone, a list of recommended devices is available on the Parrot Bebop 2 Knowledge Base.

We invite you to browse the dedicated articles before trying on a wide space with enough distance between the subject (who carries the controlling smartphone) to insure the nicest flight experience. Discover the Magic Dronies available on Auto Framing mode.
We hope to read you feedbacks on this thread!

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.