59 REPLIES
Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Re: Feature Request

AaronNope wrote:

There is a button in the left hand corner of your screen. A circle with an S or V. Pressing that lets you switch immediately. No need to go into settings menu unless you're changing the values of the mode. Alot of people seem to overlook this.

However, I always land before switching modes.

It’s inconvenient when using VR glasses,you have to take them off to switch from S to V......and i agree with you about landing before switching from S to V....at least with last 2 firware updates,there seem to be some kind a bug...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
HOGSHAWRABBIT
Navigator

I totally agree and Parrot should allow the RTH altitude to be a user specific variable. 40m should be the minimum imo however we really want to be able to set it to anything upto the max 105m

Come on Parrot listen to your customers. 

AaronNope
Senior Navigator

There is a button in the left hand corner of your screen. A circle with an S or V. Pressing that lets you switch immediately. No need to go into settings menu unless you're changing the values of the mode. Alot of people seem to overlook this.

However, I always land before switching modes.

adofr86
Master navigator

I have a sugestion regarding the 2 flight modes, i really liked when this was introduced, and now i feel there shoud be a quick way to change between video mode and sport mode and from sport to video.

My sugestion is for the user to be able to map a set of keys to alternate between Video and Sport modes, for example, if the drone was in video molde, by pressing A+B at the same time the drone would automaticaly go to Sport mode, and by pressing A+B again it would go back to Video mode.

Simple but effective

AaronNope
Senior Navigator

Can we please be given more control over White balance? The presets (because the options are few) are too toned and AutoWB goes bonkers on shifting light scenes, specially around dawn. It would be nice if we could have a 'Set' WB (where you use a white piece of paper or whatever to set the balance), some manual parameters, and an ability to save a limited few of our own WB settings.

I know I can screw with this via the CLI.. but this is something we should all get access to.

Thanks,

JJi
Master navigator

seventies1 wrote:

Dont know if this has been asked, but do Parrot actually read this thread (or anything on here)?

I think that has been asked before. Personally I think they do read the forum, and they do something from time to time although they don't seem to be active in their responses.

My major complaint over the loss of possibility to change the RTH delay time on disconnect returned in FFP 5.0.2. Even that I would like to pat myself on the back for giving them a reason to fix the problem, their complete lack of response over the issue brings up doubt whether it a result of user feedback here, or just mere  coincidence. Only Parrot knows  what happened.

There are still many great things suggested here that would really  make Bebop 2 more versatile, fun and safe for us, but have been met with zero(ish) response from Parrot, which quite frankly sucks.  So far, most of the ideas here haven't been implemented.  I think    they're focusing more on their professional sector products at the moment as they have the firefighter version of the Bebop drone (which is essentially the same Bebop 2 we have but an  attached thermal imaging camera at the rear) and the farmer's flying helper  drone and all possible problems they (possibly) have with them.

poglad
Co-pilot

I think you'd be okay. I doesn't simply rise 20m, it rises 20m above the initial take-off position, i.e. the RTH position.

Iamwedge wrote:

If im flying down a  hill and there is a connection issue what are the odds of the RTH height not being enough on its return?

Iamwedge
Senior Navigator

If im flying down a  hill and there is a connection issue what are the odds of the RTH height not being enough on its return?

Iamwedge
Senior Navigator

ID have to agree with the battery level. Default of 10% is pretty low.

I havent had many issuses with the RTH Altitude. Not looking forward to the day that it doesnt rise high enough to clear tree tops.

Marcvic
Senior Pilot

Allow Follow Me mode on tablets that DO have GPS.

@ParrotAdmin This is looooong overdue Parrot .. come on ... just how difficult can it be?