tsunamiquad
Senior Pilot

Re: Feature Request

Hello Parrot,

It would be helpful if the Online Documentation were up-to-date, and reflect the current Firmware/Software Update.

New community members are confused when "things don't match".

It would be reassuring to know the Specific Nature of a fault or feature, and the Detailed Action Taken, with a Firmware/Software Update.

We wonder who are the bravest of us, but wonder more why we must guess.

Thank you.

..please kudo if you agree..

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

At this point my only request is Bug free app and firmware,before spring.Any other wish is just fantasy

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
Ibrahim13
Commander Pilot

the new features hopefully that the bebop could do auto RTH when the critical battery alert first shown and do the auto landing when the battery below 10% in order to be safe the bebop users not seeing their drone free fall from the sky

JJi
Senior Pilot

HOGSHAWRABBIT wrote:

From a safety perspective this is safer than just prop stop at 20m+ as you have little chance of hitting a person 20m up and the risk of a 500g drone dropping at 9.8m/s is far worse ! This is just common sense to prevent the drone dropping like a lead weight onto something from 20m+

This is an excellent suggestion and I back this up 100%.

Not only is the drone itself going to be whacked beyond recognition if falling from higher altitude, having a 500g plastic brick (which the defunct, falling drone essentially is) hitting anything on the ground will cause property and/or personal damage and is automatically deemed as pilot's own responsibility despite the problem being originally caused by the manufacturer error (in case of firmware). Where I live, we don't have any kind of insurance coverage for drone inflicted damages unless you are a member of a local flying club that employs their own insurances for such cases.

What we all need to remember is that we're dealing with a flying platform, a computer of sorts, that has its own hardware limits. Parrot has done a tremendous job in making that platform a Bebop 2 that we know and integrated many useful things on it, but the product itself is suffering from faulty design priorities.

There are safety features that would have been very reasonable to implement before some other features, but I think it's a bit too late for Bebop 2 as it's probably already jam-packed with features and it's uncertain how much more it can really take without causing and impact on it's ability to function effectively as a drone.

My guess is that Parrot's business model drones are of a newer generation of hardware, where feature implementation is easier to do.

HOGSHAWRABBIT
Master navigator

All the code would have to do is 

Start strike protection code at 20m+

Upon prop strike stop prop for 1sec

Restart 1 sec later 

Due to gravity 9.8m/s Were now at 10m and up again to 20m for RTH

From a safety perspective this is safer than just prop stop at 20m+ as you have little chance of hitting a person 20m up and the risk of a 500g drone dropping at 9.8m/s is far worse ! This is just common sense to prevent the drone dropping like a lead weight onto something from 20m+

Parrot please consider this.

HOGSHAWRABBIT
Master navigator

Another feature would be 'Bird Strike protection' so say you got attacked by a SeaGull ! like I did but got away lucky however the possibility of a strike was high and the sea was the landing pad :-) below.

Anyway if you got a proppeller strike at over say 20m I would like them to restart again after a approx 10m drop to save the drone ! I mean if you touch something and just drop out of the sky that's a crazy situation. 20m means that trees are not that common but possible, however on something like a Flight Plan where you get intercepted by a Bird etc...  this would save the day :-) this can't be that hard to code up. 

HOGSHAWRABBIT
Master navigator

I would like to see the ability to set your own alarm % 

30% would be good as an option.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

AaronNope wrote:

There is a button in the left hand corner of your screen. A circle with an S or V. Pressing that lets you switch immediately. No need to go into settings menu unless you're changing the values of the mode. Alot of people seem to overlook this.

However, I always land before switching modes.

It’s inconvenient when using VR glasses,you have to take them off to switch from S to V......and i agree with you about landing before switching from S to V....at least with last 2 firware updates,there seem to be some kind a bug...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
HOGSHAWRABBIT
Master navigator

I totally agree and Parrot should allow the RTH altitude to be a user specific variable. 40m should be the minimum imo however we really want to be able to set it to anything upto the max 105m

Come on Parrot listen to your customers. 

Highlighted
AaronNope
Senior Navigator

There is a button in the left hand corner of your screen. A circle with an S or V. Pressing that lets you switch immediately. No need to go into settings menu unless you're changing the values of the mode. Alot of people seem to overlook this.

However, I always land before switching modes.