giannistmb
Senior Pilot

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro version 4.4.0 for iOS

I did a test flight  today with the new firmware 4.4.0 everything looks normal i was flying my Bebop 2 19 minutes with 2 °C outside i didnt notice any lags in the video pretty stable flight.

Jacko80
Commander Pilot

@Island_Bob

i think you’re right if the rth altitude option is added then ffp would be updated accordingly.

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

seventies1 wrote:

Just giving us adjustable RTH height would get a thumbs up from just about every user

Although I fully agree that an adjustable RTH height would be a helpful new feature, you're asking for something that was never, never  promised by Parrot. Let's stay on the topic of version 4.4.0 and try to get more important problems (like motors cutting out mid-flight) corrected before we start asking for more features. Every user on this board will give a thumbs up to Parrot if their drones simply fly reliably  again...

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Ok, somebody changed the subject line of this thread. Don't the admins know the difference between a firmware update for the drone (the new 4.4.0) and an update of the App (FreeFlight Pro) which is currently at 5.0.2?  And why does the subject say iOS now? Drone firmware is independent of your devices operating system... Wow... Clueless...

Back on topic, has anybody tested 4.4.0 yet? I'm glad they addressed the battery issue, but how did that affect flight time? And what about these other reported problems with 4.3.1?:

(1) frequent short range disconnects

(2) FPV freezing/blanking 

(3)The 1-2 second FPV video lag

(4) Camera angle bugs in Flight Plan

(5) App crashes and can't re-connect

Are these problems fixed, or is parrot still adding new features without addressing known problems? I was really hoping for a solid bug-fix that makes the Bebop 2 reliable to fly again...

seventies1
Commander Pilot

Parrot_Advisor1 wrote:

Hi all,

A new version of Freeflight Pro is available for OS (version 4.4.0). Don't hesitate to share your feedbacks about this version. 

Thank you.

ParrotCommunity

Thank you, but why don't you listen to what this community is saying?

Just giving us adjustable RTH height would get a thumbs up from just about every user (or even give us the reasons why you are unable to provide this)

Take a look in the Feature Request section and you will see what people want from your amazing drone, engage in the discussion and make the software as good as the hardware deserves.

Or am I just talking to myself?

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Re: UPDATE - Firmware 4.4.0 for Bebop 2 - Bebop 2 Power

Parrot_Advisor1 wrote:

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that a new software version is now available for the Bebop 2 range via FreeFlight Pro and our support pages. Please find below the release notes for version 4.4.0:

Release Notes:

- Adjust battery voltage threshold for critical battery alert

- User RTH is now possible while in landing state

Kind Regards

Parrot Support 

We are guessing what the release note realy means, @Parrot_Advisor1 can you explane here??

- To what level is the voltage threshold changed?

- What is 'User RTH' what can we do with it now?

"BB2 -iPhone 6S - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
Jacko80
Commander Pilot

@Joller79

i think it enables the rth even when bb is in Landing  process. Like if you hit land by accident you can after initiate rth. Honestly I think before we could cancel landing and initiate rth command too. Am I right ?

Joller79
Commander Pilot

@Jacko80

- User RTH is now possible while in landing state   .. I read this as rth is user asjustable???  Or is it only when landing you can adjust for fine landing spot???

but no matter i stick with 4.2.1

Bebop2 on newest firmware repaired after crash. And bebop 2 on 4.2.1in mint condition. Iphone 6 ios 9.0.x and 3 dji Spark(sorry guys)
Jacko80
Commander Pilot

@Joller79

wherw does it say rth adjust ??

Joller79
Commander Pilot

Cool...  But what do you mean by adjusting RTH WHILE LANDING???  Is it RTH height what can be adjusted as people are wanting??

Bebop2 on newest firmware repaired after crash. And bebop 2 on 4.2.1in mint condition. Iphone 6 ios 9.0.x and 3 dji Spark(sorry guys)