Jacko80
Co-pilot

Re: Parrot Bebop 2 Power version

@ParrotCommunity

thank you for the answer 😊

Highlighted
Retired contributor

Hi @Jacko80, the Bebop 2 and Bebop 2 Power shares the same firmware. Firmware 4.3.0 is available within the latest version of the app (currently available on iOS only, Android will be released soon). That's why there is no Bebop 2 Power dedicated forum nowadays.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

mountkidd wrote:

@Jacko80

What I mean is that they advertise more flight options and video quality if I'm not mistaking and it must be running on different firmware and maybe newer ffp which is not released yet and it may be released only for the power version for boasting the sales of the power edition 

thanks for the reply tho tho I didn't understand the part when you say dragon - prof has grown by size by 5k. Can you be more specific please ?  Thanks again. 

I don't see any feature that is really new, only marketing hype.  I suspect existing features are to be relabelled/rebranded and that will take a new release of FFPro to implement, so stay tuned!  This fits with Parrot's way of doing business - release FW early with new features that remain somewhat hidden awaiting release of a new FFPro.  We won't really know what's in the B2P, until someone gets their hands on the real thing.

dragon-prog is the master control program on the BB.

I looked trough the specs,b2p is 525g heavy and what i find interesting,it runs on 2.4 ghz only....there is nothing about 5ghz

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
zpat
Master navigator

The new release of FF pro will enable these newly advertised features on BBP. They could (and should in my view) make them work on the BB2 as well, rather than fork the software into two variants based on a tiny hardware difference which would seem unfair to BB2 owners, as well as more work for them to maintain.

Jacko80
Co-pilot

@mountkidd

Thanks for the answer. Honestly I'm impressed by the FreeFlight mini app update. They did a great improvement and surprisingly added many options etc. hope we get with the ffp too. 

We have ave hope in parrot 😊🤞

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

@Jacko80

What I mean is that they advertise more flight options and video quality if I'm not mistaking and it must be running on different firmware and maybe newer ffp which is not released yet and it may be released only for the power version for boasting the sales of the power edition 

thanks for the reply tho tho I didn't understand the part when you say dragon - prof has grown by size by 5k. Can you be more specific please ?  Thanks again. 

I don't see any feature that is really new, only marketing hype.  I suspect existing features are to be relabelled/rebranded and that will take a new release of FFPro to implement, so stay tuned!  This fits with Parrot's way of doing business - release FW early with new features that remain somewhat hidden awaiting release of a new FFPro.  We won't really know what's in the B2P, until someone gets their hands on the real thing.

dragon-prog is the master control program on the BB.

Jacko80
Co-pilot

@mountkidd

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

Jacko80 wrote:

So now the power version is  being sold and obviously with newer firmware and yet we don't have an update. Anyone has an idea if bb2 won't get the firmware of the power version ? 

B2 Power edition has been in the low level config files since FW 4.2.0, with minimal differences over the B2: +23gms and a new battery table.  dragon-prog has grown in size by about 5k, so there may be runtime changes based on HW version.

You already have the FW if you made the switch to 4.2.0 or 4.2.1.

zpat
Master navigator

I don't care about drone firmware, I want the FFP enhancements to follow me and other new video options that make it easy to do nice shots. Also stuff like hand-launching must just be a software option.

If FFP offers more features (that are not drone hardware related) to the power version only, then I am selling my standard bebop 2 and getting a Mavic with 4k camera and not bothering with Parrot again.

solurix0e86
Co-pilot

Just upgrading battery. No need firmware upgrade. Older firmwire flies better actually. 

"Look on my work, ye mighty. And despair! " https://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE