Re: Release notes wanted.

I did not sleep for days :-(

"BB2 -iPhone 6X - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

ParrotCommunity wrote:

Columbian wrote:

It's  not beyond the realm of probability that   @jeremie Parrot is no longer employed by Parrot, along with  many other  helpful tech support people.

Hi Colombian, I  - as a person - can only agree with this. But customer service team and community members are committed to serving you the best way possible.  The main challenge currently is to answer quickly to all messages arriving. As we mention changes in the team, I will be myself handing over the ParrotCommunity username to someone else. My profile will be deactivated as the other previous Parrot members. The new @ParrotCommunity Community Manager will be introduced soon.

I must say i am shocked and saddened....(not joking)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
Highlighted
Retired contributor

Columbian wrote:

It's  not beyond the realm of probability that   @jeremie Parrot is no longer employed by Parrot, along with  many other  helpful tech support people.

Hi Colombian, I  - as a person - can only agree with this. But customer service team and community members are committed to serving you the best way possible.  The main challenge currently is to answer quickly to all messages arriving. As we mention changes in the team, I will be myself handing over the ParrotCommunity username to someone else. My profile will be deactivated as the other previous Parrot members. The new @ParrotCommunity Community Manager will be introduced soon.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Columbian
Commander Pilot

Retired contributor

Hi,
FreeFlight Pro remains the app we used to have except the UI had evolved. GPS fix, return to home, and map remains the same. As the usual we recommend to calibrate the drone before a flight session. the actual user guide allow to use the drone As the steps to use it remains:

• Connection with the Smartphone / Skycontroller
  • Calibration (if required or if new location)
  • Take off

If there is a disconnection, Return To Home will trigger and send back the drone to the home location (to know where is the home fix point you can press on the map view). The drone User guide remains the same, the App User Guide will be updated following the updates arriving (due to multiple language management the edition takes time), if you have questions contact Customer Service and the Community.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

happydrew
Co-pilot

ParrotCommunity wrote:

Hi all,
to correct the previous assessment, at several times the release note was updated before the release of the version. Bla bla bla bla

You font take the members of this forum seriuos (again) by saying this because its not true. I think that some members loose or crash there BB2 after the updates because there is no changelog/ new manual. 

Retired contributor

Hi all,
to correct the previous assessment, at several times the release note was updated before the release of the version. Sometimes development teams release the version and give notice to Customer Service afterward, which creates a delay to gather and validate the information to be published. We thank you for your patience. We will publish the content as soon as they are checked and validated.

dries_w
Commander Pilot

reaper1804 wrote:

I get it, but ... I'm not even trying to complain, as that is always the case with new releases, and you don't hear the thousands of updates that have gone ok, but I'm just asking for a release note about a new update that is posted the same time as the update, so we can decide to update or not ourselves. That would save Parrot a lot of complaints afterward, since everybody is knowingly and willingly updating. ( I know I would... ;-) )

Hope to hear some response from our precious vendor here soon. 

Dont get me wrong here, I did update as I do since december 2015. But ever since we are asking for changelogs and update manuals (before releasing the updates :-)

EDIT: about your last sentence: https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2/French-version-of-this-forum/m-p/180757

EDIT 2: In the 'whats new' section in the updated FFpro you can read some info (afterwards the update)

reaper1804
Senior Navigator

I get it, but ... I'm not even trying to complain, as that is always the case with new releases, and you don't hear the thousands of updates that have gone ok, but I'm just asking for a release note about a new update that is posted the same time as the update, so we can decide to update or not ourselves. That would save Parrot a lot of complaints afterward, since everybody is knowingly and willingly updating. ( I know I would... ;-) )

Hope to hear some response from our precious vendor here soon. 

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Members of this forum asking for years now for official comments on complains from the members. We are asking also for changelogs and up to date manuals but Parrot does not respond, they dont care about us. @Jeremie_Parrot did comment one time and made some promises for improvement . . . . yeh right :-(