103 REPLIES
Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 5.0.2 for Android and iOS

Koppany001 wrote:

Island_Bob wrote:

It's not supposed to. Follow me is only intended to use straight from a phone (not even a tablet) with NO controller. In other words, it's working exactly the way it's supposed to.

Hi Bob,

I did not have the time (nor the guts since I've updated to 4.4.0) to test throughoutly, so can you please explain me the options we have?

• Does the Follow Me mode follow the GPS position of my phone or tracks me visually?
  • If I want to follow someone/something else, does visual tracking work in Follow mode or I have to Fly BB2 manually while it keeps the focus on the subject (but does not follow automatically)?
  • In POI mode: does the target "move/shift" if GPS signal is weak?

BTW I could not try follow mode because according to FFP my phone had not enough GPS signal. Is there a certain minimum for fix lock? GPS was green for both my phone and BB2.

Thank you in advance!

Dunno. I've only messed with 4.4.0 on friend's drones. I'm still running firmware 4.06 on FFPro 4.38 and my drone flies GREAT!   Smiley LOL    I think Follow Me uses GPS and barometer, and POI uses GPS and image recognition...

Koppany001
Master navigator

Island_Bob wrote:

It's not supposed to. Follow me is only intended to use straight from a phone (not even a tablet) with NO controller. In other words, it's working exactly the way it's supposed to.

Hi Bob,

I did not have the time (nor the guts since I've updated to 4.4.0) to test throughoutly, so can you please explain me the options we have?

• Does the Follow Me mode follow the GPS position of my phone or tracks me visually?
  • If I want to follow someone/something else, does visual tracking work in Follow mode or I have to Fly BB2 manually while it keeps the focus on the subject (but does not follow automatically)?
  • In POI mode: does the target "move/shift" if GPS signal is weak?

BTW I could not try follow mode because according to FFP my phone had not enough GPS signal. Is there a certain minimum for fix lock? GPS was green for both my phone and BB2.

Thank you in advance!

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

djmerlyn wrote:

The follow me option doesn't even show up for me with a controller connected. But I don't use flypad maybe that's a Bluetooth thing and it's own bug.

djmerlyn
Master navigator

The follow me option doesn't even show up for me with a controller connected. But I don't use flypad maybe that's a Bluetooth thing and it's own bug.

IronSpear
Master navigator

@Island_Bob- very true it states that quite clearly in the literature.

Could this be a case of RTFM???? Smiley Wink

ciao from Oz

-- 2 x Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S6 - Latest Updates For All --
Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

orybarfly wrote:

One more thing I've noticed is that the follow me mode visual centering doesn't work at all if you have a Flypad connected. As soon as you select the subject on the screen at press follow, the camera tilts all the way up and it shoots at the sky instead of the subject. Not that it is of some use to work follow me with the Flypad, I'm just saying that, maybe it can help Parrot programmers to solve a more serious issue, the one that the camera points at the sky first when you press the camera tilt button on the Flypad.

But... Follow me is only supposed to work with a phone - directly. It doesn't work with an SC, it doesn't work with a tablet, why did you expect it to work with a Flypad?

aryklein
Co-pilot

@X-ParrotCommuni, FFP 5.0.2 under Android 8.0 is not showing any data (like telemetry and radar) in cockpitglasses 1. IOW, I can't use my cockpitglasses with this bug. Please check this post:

https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2/FFP-doesn-t-show-telemetry-in-cockpitglasses/m-p/184563

I saw other users with the same issue in YouTube.

My config is: Android 8 (Oreo), FreeflightPro 5.0.2, Bebop firmware 4.4.0, Skycontroller 2 firmware 1.0.7
Thanks

orybarfly
Senior Pilot

One more thing I've noticed is that the follow me mode visual centering doesn't work at all if you have a Flypad connected. As soon as you select the subject on the screen at press follow, the camera tilts all the way up and it shoots at the sky instead of the subject. Not that it is of some use to work follow me with the Flypad, I'm just saying that, maybe it can help Parrot programmers to solve a more serious issue, the one that the camera points at the sky first when you press the camera tilt button on the Flypad.

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Thanks for sharing, its nice to know for members that can use it. (I personal dont need it) :-)

"BB2 -iPhone 6X - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
orybarfly
Senior Pilot

RTH altitude setup by AR.PRO 3 definitely works, even with the latest Bebop 2 firmware. I just tested it twice. You can start by setting the desired RTH altitude with AR.PRO and fly with either AR.PRO or FFPro. If you reboot the drone, the last setting is preserved, you don't need to start AR.PRO first. I've set it to 40 meters and it has kept it with all programs (AR. Pro, FFPro and auriga )