13 REPLIES
zpat
Master navigator

Re: Where to set the "Return to Home" (RTH) delay time in Freeflight pro 5.0.1?

Agree - 3 seconds is far too short. It should hover with a lost connection to give the owner a chance to reconnect to the Wifi before RTH. I used to set a value of 30 seconds. 3 seconds is hardly time enough to even adjust the aim of the controller, let alone go through a phone wifi menu reconnection.

It would be helpful to add an option to set the RTH height as well, as many others have mentioned.

jucs
Senior Navigator

Please bring back this setting. These 3s in combination with a low altitute almost made my drone crash this weekend. Configuring the altitude in some way or using a known path back would be great, but with the current setting of 3s everything really is horrible. This option is really really important.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

djmerlyn wrote:

Bring it back and add a rth altitude setting so I can clear my trees lol

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Chainsaws-Gas-Chainsaws/N-5yc1vZbxa8

😀

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
djmerlyn
Master navigator

Bring it back and add a rth altitude setting so I can clear my trees lol

mdehate
Master navigator

Thanks for the update, and yes please bring it back, it's a great feature to have, do you know if the delay would kick in during free-flight only, or is there a risk of it activating during nav mode?

poglad
Co-pilot

Thanks for an official response! So my "word on the street" was correct after all lol... 😜

Jalloul
Senior Navigator
Solution

Hello again. WOW! An answer from Parrot themselves....and in the same day. That's some great support.  Thanks for the reply.  No more uncertainty or confusion. Looking forward for your updates. Have a nice day. Respect 😊

Highlighted
Retired contributor
Solution

Hi all,
Currently the time set on Android is 3s by default. RTH delay remains configurable on iOS. Due to the different feedbacks we are considering putting back the RTH delay option on a future version of FreeFlight Pro 5. As soon as the information is confirmed it will be shared with the community. Thank you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

poglad
Co-pilot

Thank you, I stand corrected. This is where I got my information from - it sounded the opposite of what you've said.

https://imgur.com/a/r7Rpm

Jalloul
Senior Navigator

Hello Island_Bob. Thanks for your response with regard to the iOS version of the app. I was indeed referring to the Android version and was hoping for Parrot to give a response to this. I found a previous post which was partly talking about this subject, but could not find an answer there. Do the people of Parrot participate in the posts and give replies or is this only for the user community? I am sure they look into this but wonder if they ever communicate with their clients via the forum.