9 REPLIES
dries_w
Commander Pilot

Re: bebop 2 GPS question

If you can not get a green GPS icon - and a factory reset had no result - then you better check if the little flat cable on the GPS module on the camera is proper connected :-)

"BB2 -iPhone 6S - Xiaomi WiFi extender- allways latest updates"
CBss
Explorer

Hi, the Bebop 2 gps is not detected, the icon is always red. I have the new sw 4.3.1 but did not work with the previous one.
If it was broken I saw that my module gps is not the same as that for sale now on market, is it anyway OK? The Bebop 2 has hardware HW_03.

Many thanks !!!

gcable
Navigator

Thank you for explaining!

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot
Solution

gcable wrote:

Thank you for your responses, but these articles still do not answer my question.  how many satelittes do I need before flying?  and where can they be found on sky controller 2?

Thanks!

In Freeflight 3 we were able to see number of satellites,now in FreeflightPro thats not possible anymore...in FreeflightPro tap Fly and Film.tap Setting icon,tap RTH....in RTH you want RTH icon to be"green" before taking off...when you go back to Fly and Film you will see green Gps icon driesw mentioned....

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
dries_w
Commander Pilot

gcable wrote:

Thank you for your responses, but these articles still do not answer my question.  how many satelittes do I need before flying?  and where can they be found on sky controller 2?

Thanks!

My reply was an answer on your question 'Where is a good place to read about the operation of the bebop2?'.

How many satelites you have to have to fly is - for me - not important because my answer would be: enough (showing the green GPS icon in FFpro :-)

gcable
Navigator

Thanks!

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Gosh . . . . . . https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/Bebop_2%40tkb - on page 3

anciano
Master navigator

Link not working :-(

dries_w
Commander Pilot

Parrot's Knowledge Base is a good starting point to read about the BB2. In a quick look I saw something about GPS in https://community.parrot.com/t5/Bebop-2-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/Bebop_2%40tkb/page/3  :-)

gcable
Navigator

bebop 2 GPS question

new to parrot- how many satelittes do I need before flying?  where in the instruction manual is this subject covered?  Where do I see this in freeflight pro on sky controller 2?  I found the menu that shows GPS strength 4 bars but not sure what it means.  Do I need to have 4 bars on the controller?  Where is a good place to read about the operation of the bebop2?

Thanks

Gary