5 REPLIES
seventies1
Co-pilot

Re: iPad Will Not Connect to SC2

You seem to be connecting everything up in the right order, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you are having problems.  

A couple of ideas (Maybe you tried them already)  Is the lightning cable a genuine Apple one, or a certified one?   I think some people have had problems with cheap cables and new devices.

Another thing is to make sure FFP (or whatever you use) is not running in the background before you connect your iPad to the SC2, so you are allowing the iPad to recognise the SC2 before starting FFP.

Just a couple of thoughts which may help.

Chueiri
Explorer

Hi!

I have the same problem using Samsung S8+ I already tried everything,  this started after the last update, 

If I use only the S8 with wifi it´s connect to BP2, if I use only the SC2 too but the USB conection between SC2 and my Mobile phone nops...

Regards,

Marcelo

rdb3
Navigator
Solution

Tests tonight were all with the BB2 off.  I tried every combination of Airplane mode on/off, bluetooth on/off, hotspot on/off, turning on SC2 first then connecting iPad, opening FFP first with iPad connected to SC2 then turning on SC2 and on and on, old Lighting, new Lighting.  No sucess.

Then I broke out my old iPad A6x, maybe 6 years old.  Downloaded the FFP app, connected to the SC2 after it was already on and blinking red.  It connected immediately to SC2.  I turned on the BB2 and it connnected immediately to SC2. Flew around the basement, no problem.  This was done in Airplane mode as above.

I am convinced this is a IOS problem, 11.1.2, sloppy coding by the pukes at Apple.  Unfortunately my old iPad will not fit in the SC2 smart phone cradle!

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

rdb3 wrote:

I first turn on the drone, then the SC2.  After the SC2 status LED goes green I then connect my iPad to the SC2.  The iPad is unable to connect to the SC2.  The BB2/FPV/SC2 kit and iPad are all brand new.

My iPad will connect to the drone if SC2 is powered off.  If I then power up the SC2, it will not connect to BB2.

All works just fine with the iPhone and it does not seem to matter what sequence I power up the BB2/SC2and connect the iPhone.

I have reset the BB2 and starting from scratch with updates and then connecting.

All firmware for the BB2/SC2 are up to date.  iPad IOS is up to date.

I have tried putting iPad in Airplane mode, making sure FFP app is not active when connecting to the SC2.  I have tried every recommendation I could find on this site, but may have missed something.

If I can't get my iPad to connect, I plan to return the BB2 and FPV kit.

Thx in advance!

Hi,were you able to connect ipad to sc2 without turning on bebop....turn on sc2, connect ipad to sc 2 using original usb cable,Ffreeflightpro should automatically open....controller icon above fly and film should be red...turn on bebop,hit Connect(above fly and film),you should see Bebopxxxx network,hit Forget and hit Bebopxxxxx again

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Does your iPad have the new "lightning" connector? Older iPads don't work with the SC2...   Smiley Sad

Highlighted
rdb3
Navigator

iPad Will Not Connect to SC2

I first turn on the drone, then the SC2.  After the SC2 status LED goes green I then connect my iPad to the SC2.  The iPad is unable to connect to the SC2.  The BB2/FPV/SC2 kit and iPad are all brand new.

My iPad will connect to the drone if SC2 is powered off.  If I then power up the SC2, it will not connect to BB2.

All works just fine with the iPhone and it does not seem to matter what sequence I power up the BB2/SC2and connect the iPhone.

I have reset the BB2 and starting from scratch with updates and then connecting.

All firmware for the BB2/SC2 are up to date.  iPad IOS is up to date.

I have tried putting iPad in Airplane mode, making sure FFP app is not active when connecting to the SC2.  I have tried every recommendation I could find on this site, but may have missed something.

If I can't get my iPad to connect, I plan to return the BB2 and FPV kit.

Thx in advance!