6 REPLIES
Chasbro
Commander Pilot

Re: After update v.4.0.4 Barometr deffective

Well, I got my 3rd baro error. Just flying along straight and level and boom - down she goes over 1200 meters out in the  cow pasture. Thankfully it landed in a grassy area and I was able to recover it, If this should happen to you my advice is to leave the app running and toggle to the map view. Then walk out to the area where it went down and hopefully you will reconnect. Then it's a simple matter to track it down the rest of the way. As for me I'm going back to 3.3.0 until this baro problem gets resolved.

Chasbro
Commander Pilot

I made 3 more manual flights this morning with no issues. I made it out to 2.1 km last Sunday and 1.6 km today with just a wifi extender. I think I'll stick with 4.0.4 for now and just keep an eye on the altimeter. The video is really good.

Joller79
Senior Pilot

It kind of makes you feel, parrot want to make the bebops flyaway with this "update" so we need tobuy a new product.  😉

Bebop 1 on 4.0.6, bebop1 on 4.0.6 for spares(water damaged board)
Bebop2 on 4.0.6 repaired after crash. And bebop 2 on 4.0.6 in mint condition. Iphone 6 ios 9.0.x

Chasbro
Commander Pilot

I just got my second 'barometer sensor defective' error since updating to 4.0.4. I had just flown a conservative flight plan, which it executed well except for failing to land. Instead it just hovered. So I flew it nearby and it was just hovering when it got the error and autolanded. Is 4.0.4s 'improved detection of errors' responsible for this?  Could we at least get it to give us the message but not autoland?  I dont have much trust in it now. I haven't tried any baro mods yet. I'm not sure if I should go back to 3.3.0. Or try and replace the baro sensor.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,
Detection of errors have been improved. @Mmshimon, the firmware may have detected a defective barometer. The barometer is embedded with the GPS module. Do you get different GPS fix / accuracy ?

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

Joller79
Senior Pilot

Just wondering. What battery/flighttime do you get??

i went from 8min, on 3.2 or 2.057. To 6min on 3.3, and 4 min on 4.0.4.  

Downgraded to 3.2 and back to 6 minutes , but less precise gps(think it might need some more flights up high to reset it self)

Bebop 1 on 4.0.6, bebop1 on 4.0.6 for spares(water damaged board)
Bebop2 on 4.0.6 repaired after crash. And bebop 2 on 4.0.6 in mint condition. Iphone 6 ios 9.0.x

Mmshimon
Master Observer

After update v.4.0.4 Barometr deffective

After update Bebop1  firmware  4.0.4 write: Barometr sensor deffective.

Retun v.3.3.0 all is well. Error in updating?