57 REPLIES
Senior Navigator

Re: Barometer mod (dirt easy) NEEDED on B1 to be stable

My particular Bebop 1 DID have a significant Light/Shadow issue. There is some talk that this only occurs with SOME Bebops; but mine was significantly improved by just a roughly cut piece of charcoal gray packing foam I had lying around the house.

I just bought a second refurbished Bebop, so I can do a side-by-side comparison.

Senior Navigator

Do these mods really make a difference? I haven't noticed my bebop jumping up and down in and out of sunlight/shadows. Seems simple enough to do but is it really worth it?

Master Observer

That is a battery cover

Senior Navigator

I've got the Red (and presumed least problematic) Bebop 1; and found that blackening the inside of the nose did very little.

The Foam Fix DID work, and worked very well! So far, I haven't bothered with tape, as the inside of the nose piece seems to do a fine job of both compressing and holding the foam in place.

The snug fit of the nose is the reason I have NOT had luck with the 3D printed barometer fix.  Exterior dimension seems to be too much; and rather than try to trim away either nose or plastic part, I went back to my bit of foam. Simplest solution turns out to be the best one.

Now if I can only identify why Bebop went off course during a FlightPlan route (pre-foam fix), suddenly veered left, dropped 30m, and crashed into the street... I'll be less nervous sending the little guy out for a spin.

Explorer

I have designed and made baro protection on 3d printer. It is shown in attached pictures.

If someone is interested, please let me know

Senior Navigator

I did the barometer mod and It works great. No more climbing up and diving down when going in and out of shade and sunlight.

Master navigator

The air volume above was pulled down..leaving nothing but a suck up.

Commander Pilot

Apparently there is a 3D printed version for sale on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/.../Parrot-Bebop-Drone.../351648927408

Commander Pilot

enderffx wrote:

... As for the various "limits" of 8m / 15m they are all heresay, no real facts...

BS!  The values are in the .cfg files...

Senior Pilot

Yes you're probably right !