18 REPLIES
Navigator

Re: Battery wont charge

plug in your charger with battery and remove it before the  red light starts to flash.... about 10 seconds after the light comes on. plug it in again after the light goes off and remove it before the light starts to flash. repeat this step for about 20 times. each time you plug it in it accepts a small charge . after about 20 times the battery will have some charge and will no longer register as a dead battery so it should continue to charge

Navigator

if your battery wont charge ... plug in the charger and remove it before the light starts to flash... about 10 seconds. unplug it and as soon as the light goes off plug it back in. repeat this step for about twenty times. each time you do the batery accepts a small charge before it is shut off. after twenty times or so you can leave the charger in and it should continue to charge because its not regersting as a dead battery.

Master Observer

Now I have THREE batteries completely DEAD! I can't charge them!

Master Observer

Re: Battery wont charge (Easy fix)

It worked! Thanks!

Navigator

Very disappointed!!

Opened my new bebop drone today.

procceded to charge the batteries...both batteries flash red in the charger cradle after 3-5 seconds. I have researched this problem online and to my shock I have come to understand that this is a common and widespread problem. I am absolutely disgusted with ***** company parrot! I also found out that parrot are a French company! So no wonder it seems like they are the "Peugeot " of the drone world.. "DJi being the Rolls Royce".

please advise on what to do with your useless £250 piece of crap.

SJ

Master Observer

Tried that "Easy fix" solution for "tricking" the charger into believing battery at a higher charge level.  Charger got very hot in that 10 minutes when light was green with bad battery in it.  Still flashed red light afterwards.  Thankfully charger has cooled down and hopefully still working though when I put the good battery that was fully charged it showed that it was charging so that is not a good sign.  Not so sure how safe this "fix" is for the charger and hopefully I did not destroy a charger and/or another good battery in the meantime!  These batteries I am trying to charge have been sitting for a year and were never even used in all that time.  Parrot should tell buyers that these batteries won't take a charge if not kept charged on at least a monthly basis (what is recommended period of time for keeping tham in a rechargeable state, I'm just guessing about a month but maybe it's even less, does anybody out there know more exactly.  probably depends more on temperatures since cold weather depletes batteries much faster.  Maybe there is a way for Parrot to replace their old chargers with ones that will recognize weaker charge states?  These are all questions for Parrot to address I believe and maybe they already have and I hope to get some type of answer.

Navigator

13ils4nt0 wrote:

this works!

Great

mpcjax wrote:

This bascially the method, #2, the nicknak suggested...

If your charger flashes red moments after you install a battery to charge, do the following:

1. Install a known good battery in the charger and wait until if fully charges and charger led turnsgreen.
  2. Now, without unplugging the charger, very quickly swap the good battery with you suspect battery, very quickly.....
  3. The charger is typically in maintain mode at this time and will trickle charge your suspect battery.
  4. After about 10 minutes you can power cycle the charger or remove suspect battery and re-install and it will charge normally.

I saw this method posted here in the forums and have done this 3 times now to rejuvinate a battery.

If the battery gets to low the charger will not charge it so we need to trick the charger.

Good Luck!

This is a most excellent solution - thanks for posting it!  You have saved me untold hours of negotiating with customer service.

It helps to remember that these batteries have been sitting in the box for many months.

Explorer

I want a replacement on these batteries. I do I go about it. 

Explorer

Re: Battery will not charge

I was give the parrot for Christmas and can not use Esther batteries

Senior Navigator

this works!

Great

mpcjax wrote:

This bascially the method, #2, the nicknak suggested...

If your charger flashes red moments after you install a battery to charge, do the following:

1. Install a known good battery in the charger and wait until if fully charges and charger led turnsgreen.
  2. Now, without unplugging the charger, very quickly swap the good battery with you suspect battery, very quickly.....
  3. The charger is typically in maintain mode at this time and will trickle charge your suspect battery.
  4. After about 10 minutes you can power cycle the charger or remove suspect battery and re-install and it will charge normally.

I saw this method posted here in the forums and have done this 3 times now to rejuvinate a battery.

If the battery gets to low the charger will not charge it so we need to trick the charger.

Good Luck!