34 REPLIES
windsongdj
Navigator

Re: Battery wont charge (Easy fix)

what is the mains that you said in your post would like to try it but I need to understand what it is

windsongdj
Navigator

Re: The light doesn’t flash at all. I put it on charge, and i...

Well let's see in a dji drone the battery was getting low and it said and did a return to home but instead of just coming straight down where home was it went east away from my house where I took off from the battery got weeker and weeker and ended up crashing now it's in alttitue mode and Won't calibrate so it can flight I never had my parrot decide to go for a flight around the block before heading home which at the time it was straight down. I am selling it even it it's for parts and using the cash for another parrot drone maybe a disco or one more bebop 2. 

windsongdj
Navigator

well let's see in a dji drone the battery was getting low and it. said and did a return to home but instead of just coming straight down where home was it went east away from my house where I took off from the battery got wheeler and weeke and ended up crashing not it's in alttitue mode and Won't calibrate so it can flight I never had my parrot decide to go for a flight around the block before heading home which at the time it was straight down. I am selling it even it it's for parts and using the cash for another parrot drone maybe a disco or one more bebop 2. 

thereverend
Navigator

Re: Battery wont charge

I know that this thread is quite old but.. I bought a Bebop drone about 7 months ago or so in fall of last year.. Might not have even been that long. I live in the North East so for the winter I did not charge the battery. BUT made sure that when I put them away with a charge in them so that this type of thing would not happen. But Alas! I went to charge them and 1 the light does not go on at all for and the other blinks. So I tried the trick with the plug and unplug and that SO FAR has worked (battery is in the chrager right now) The 2nd battery with my volt meter is showing 0.05 volts and the light does not even blink. Any ideas on if there is a way to get that voltage up? Any idea on a way to REPLACE the battery inside of the pack with a new one ?? Was wondering if it is even possible to use a different battery setup ??? looking for ideas

Meh_drone_vid
Master Observer

One of the two batteries I had for this drone would never charge.  The other one stopped charging about six months later.  It worked fairly well for about six months.  Meh.  Quality lacking massively.  Why would anyone by this over a DJI?

riseandrun
Master Observer

HI guys,  I'm a new bebop owner.  I have a DJI vision 2+, but came across a great deal on a
Bebop parrot for $50 that the owner said he had only flown once in Sept. and now he was selling it.  I believe him because he lives in downtown Chicago and there really isn't a whole lot of places to fly, or he enjoyed video games more?  I have the 10 second flashing light problem, and I tested the cells and have 2 very close, around 3.5 volts, and 1 with .43 after plugging in and unplugging 40 times!  Is it possible to take a 9 volt battery and short it to the dead cell for a couple of seconds and see if it would boost the voltage?  My other thought was to try and make an adapter and connect to some different type of charger that would discharge and recharge like a few I saw on youtube.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Kevin

DannyG
Explorer

Fantastic Job!

AdorRaga
Master Observer

Hi, I also have the same problem. My Bebop 2 batteries when I try to charge will turn to green in less 5 seconds. But when I use it on my drone, it will say 76% but drains so quickly I cannot even fly it. It drops to 2% in a few seconds. But then I cannot charge it.

Can you please give me a step-by-step instructions on the fix?

Yes, I got a new battery here which is charging OK. I want to know your process of charging the new battery and quickly swapping with the defective one.

Thank you very much!

nm-parrot
Master Observer

Hi there,

I’ve been searching this forum for the same issue and I do not have a second battery, to try the “trick” of swapping.

It is mentioned in some other thread and what worked for me was connecting the battery to the charger for 20-30 minutes without mains power; then I connected the charger to the mains and the red light came on and normal charging started.

Hope that helps.

Fabiworld
Master Observer

It worked for me thanks for the post my bebop battery was dead too coz it was left in the drone for a long time so the red light didn’d turn on while charging and it would not charge i plugged the good battery to chage and quicky swaped with the damaged battery b4 the red light turnd off and it started charging showing the red led..👍