6 REPLIES
Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Re: Drone crash (video included)

Alpaka wrote:

First crash I tried to correct it, but the second crash I knew what was happening so I left the controls alone. It was closer to the ground the second time round so maybe it just couldn't recover in time.

No barometer mod.

Considering this looks to be a common problem I'm hesitant to buy another bebop now that mine has an arm broken off.

I had the same problem on one of my drones. I replaced 2 very slightly unbalanced motor cages (you could see the tilt when you turned them by hand) and the problem completely went away... The same fix worked for a friend too.

I have a feeling that's why Parrot sells replacement motor cages so inexpensively.

Alpaka
Explorer

First crash I tried to correct it, but the second crash I knew what was happening so I left the controls alone. It was closer to the ground the second time round so maybe it just couldn't recover in time.

No barometer mod.

Considering this looks to be a common problem I'm hesitant to buy another bebop now that mine has an arm broken off. 

Highlighted
Tim84
Master navigator

Pretty much the exact same scenario as my crash on Friday.... it looks like Parrot definitely have an issue they need to fix ASAP.

Pabloenmieres
Senior Pilot

Hi, please take a look to my crash video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT36056irWI

Its like yours, same movements same things...

I dont have an idea of what happened, since then i always wait for gps lock and make flat trim and calibration every flight but sometimes it makes the same things... WHAT i do now is just leave the controls free. it stabilizes itself and then you can regain control...

i think that the problem is unknown and is only affecting bebop 1...

did you make the barometer mod? i do it but it makes it anyway...

Alpaka
Explorer

I'm keen to get everyones comments on this, took me 4 hours to find the drone and I'd like to know if there's a way to stop it from happening before I fly it again.

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

Alpaka wrote:

... Parrot support I would like your feedback on this issue also.

This a user-to-user community website.  Parrot Support do not live here.  You need to open a case with Paarrot Support.

Alpaka
Explorer

Drone crash (video included)

Drone crashed twice now by pitching up and losing control. broken two propellers and has now snapped an arm. Video for you to inspect. I've seen a few videos of bebops crashing in this manner now on youtube. 

Clear day with minimal wind both times. Parrot support I would like your feedback on this issue also.

https://youtu.be/wmDfUJR_OcE