11 REPLIES
Steve_UK12
Navigator

Re: My first Bebop video

Be very careful flying The Bebop Parrot Drone any place where you can not retrieve it if I was you, I lost all wifi connection to the drone from the controller and also from the app.Return home never responded and the drone has now gone, stuck now with the controller and no drone. Also had video quality problems, convinced it is not 1080p quality but Parrot were not helpful.

Steve_UK12
Navigator

Re: My first flight waterfalls

Be very careful flying The Bebop Parrot Drone any place where you can not retrieve it if I was you, I lost all wifi connection to the drone from the controller and also from the app.Return home never responded and the drone has now gone, stuck now with the controller and no drone. Also had video quality problems, convinced it is not 1080p quality but Parrot were not helpful.

Steve_UK12
Navigator

Be very careful flying The Bebop Parrot Drone near water or any place where you can not retrieve it if I was you, I lost all wifi connection to the drone from the controller and also from the app.Return home never responded and the drone has now gone, stuck now with the controller and no drone. Also had video quality problems, convinced it is not 1080p quality but Parrot were not helpful.

TripleC5
Master navigator

Re: My first flight waterfalls

A very nice video!  It looked cold, so I don't think I could have done it, but thumbs up to you for enduring that weather!

Badjuju
Master navigator

My first flight waterfalls

My first flight an first edit Please leave feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvISXB1Td0

reddragonfly
Navigator

Hi there,

Im new to this too and recently purchased a bebop 1 with the skycontroller, soon as i got it i had to upgrade eveything and touch wood i have had no issues, only done 4 flights at the moment but all is going well, i am very impressed with the drone.

luisram
Master navigator
Solution

Thanks for commenting. As GabbyParrot said, drones are machines and it may fail at some point. Overall the drone behaves very well. Don't desperate and always look from r the answer of your problems in the forum. I use AR Pro 3 as my controlling app. It has a learning curve but it gives you more control over the drone. Enjoy flying.

luisram
Master navigator

Thanks for the comment. I really love how it went.

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Some Bebops have issues much like many othe electronic products.  When a new drone owner has a problem it is normal for them to come to the forum for assistance.  This gives the appearance of constant and chronic problems.  Parrot sells thousands upon thousands of drones and though there are some issues most complaints and problems are because the new pilot doesn't familiarize himself as thoroughly with his new drone as he or she should.  Fortunately the forum has many good people who donate some of their time and experience to help out.

So don't feel too apprehensive about your new Bebop.  Have fun flying and know there are lots of fellow pilots to help.

dvrapant
Master Observer

Wow! that really looks nice. I ordered a bebop 1 and a skycontoller that should be here soon. Honestly I am a little intimidated after seeing all the problems on the forums. If I update to all the newest firmware at this time what are my chances of my drone working properly? I wanted to get something smaller than the phantom. Im sure they have their problems as well. Is that just the nature of this beast? Im into photography and this drone does raw imaging which is something I definitely wanted. Hope to get images as good as yours. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for sharing.