Highlighted
Tim84
Master navigator

Re: No GPS Version

eigi01 wrote:

It sounds like a problem with any further Firmware-Update. Mostly it occurs at Firmware-Downgrades and folllowing Re-Update.    Often only the motor firmware is affected. With you obviously the GPS firmware.

You could try to fix it via following Telnet-Commands:

kk
cd /etc/init.d
sh -x rcS_BLDC

Best regards

Thomas

Great, thank you Thomas.

Just searching the forum to find some clear instructions on how to telnet in before I do it wrong and make things worse!

eigi01
Senior Pilot

It sounds like a problem with any further Firmware-Update. Mostly it occurs at Firmware-Downgrades and folllowing Re-Update.    Often only the motor firmware is affected. With you obviously the GPS firmware.

You could try to fix it via following Telnet-Commands:

kk
cd /etc/init.d
sh -x rcS_BLDC

Best regards

Thomas

Tim84
Master navigator

foundobjectwind wrote:

any luck with that?

hw10 and firmware 3.3 sound right

motor software version  should have been updated to 2.0.R4     (this is what I meant by hardware, I used the wrong word, older bebop1s had and earlier motor firmware version, updated along with gps I think.)

gps version shows  15204 on mine  after all the updates

Only just seen your reply, sorry! Where can I read the motor version from? It doesn't seem to be in the list...?

Edit: just worked out how to post my screen shots

Tim84
Master navigator

mountkidd wrote:
Careful with the reset.  It wipes out the GPS almanac (along with a number of other things) you are trying to accumulate.  You need to get your BB outside into an open space and as high up as you can to optimize the BB's view of the satellites.  Doing this should get you connected quickly.  If you don't have GPS after 15min, then do the command suggested by eigi01 and try again.

It seems I'm no better or worse off since the reset, still exactly the same issue!

I've just tried again and left the BB in the middle of the garden. We'll see if they works any better... should be good view of satellites as we're not in a built-up area and we're high above sea level.

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

Tim84 wrote:

I should have mentioned that I did the power button reset last night. I've left the drone until the battery goes from 100-0% by a window overnight but it still seems to have the same issue. I've put a new battery in and moved it outside to do the same now.

Careful with the reset.  It wipes out the GPS almanac (along with a number of other things) you are trying to accumulate.  You need to get your BB outside into an open space and as high up as you can to optimize the BB's view of the satellites.  Doing this should get you connected quickly.  If you don't have GPS after 15min, then do the command suggested by eigi01 and try again.

foundobjectwind
Commander Pilot

any luck with that?

hw10 and firmware 3.3 sound right

motor software version  should have been updated to 2.0.R4     (this is what I meant by hardware, I used the wrong word, older bebop1s had and earlier motor firmware version, updated along with gps I think.)

gps version shows  15204 on mine  after all the updates

Tim84
Master navigator

Thanks, both, for the replies.

I should have mentioned that I did the power button reset last night. I've left the drone until the battery goes from 100-0% by a window overnight but it still seems to have the same issue. I've put a new battery in and moved it outside to do the same now.

The app version is 4.0.44 which is the latest on the App Store.

Strangely the WiFi setting seem to have now overwritten the country as USA instead of UK since the reset.

Thanks for your help!

Hardware Version: HW_10

Software Version: 3.3.0

eigi01
Senior Pilot

You could try a complete Reset of the Bebop by pressing the Powerbutton longer than 10 seconds when the Bebop is switched on or you could try to reset GPS only via Telnet-connection with following commands at telnet prompt:

echo -e ‘$PERDAPI,STOP*6F’ > /dev/ttyPA1
echo -e ‘$PERDAPI,START,COLD*1F’ > /dev/ttyPA1

Then the bebop should find GPS-lock within 10 minutes after next restart at good conditions outdoors.

Best regards

Thomas

foundobjectwind
Commander Pilot

which app version are you using?

the gps version activity doesnt sound right, but I am unfamilar with the operation of the new free flight "pro" app it is flaky and full of nasty bugs compared with the original app.  So its hard to tell if this is the app or the bebop.

sometimes it can take days to get an initial gps lock, when the gps almanac is cleared the gps module has to listen for signals in order to program itself.  Ive had to leave my bebop outdoors for hours at a time for a few days in a row to get a lock before.

but, that version thing doesnt sound right at all.   Maybe theres a loose connector or something.

the gps gets a firmware update during some bebop firmware updates, I assume a boxed new bebop 1 updating to 3.3.0 would do this. IDK if the firmware upgrade process perhaps didnt finish.  what do the other version numbers say for the bebop and motor system, etc?

Tim84
Master navigator

No GPS Version

Firstly, apologies. There are a few threads about GPS but I cannot quite see what has and hasn't worked.

I've got a new Bebop 1 on 3.3.0 and FF Pro on iPad Air.

The Bebop will not lock on to GPS and hasn't in the few days I've had it. GPS version flits between 'try internal flash' and nothing at all.

Any ideas how I fix it?

Thanks,

Tim