10 REPLIES
Highlighted
Retired contributor

Re: No parts for bebop anymore?

Hi all,

The discussion is off topic, please create another topic if you want to discuss something different from the title. Repeated bad language use and bad behavior lead to a ban. As many of you noticed Community team was away for a while but Parrot members are always around to watch for Parrot drone users.
The question about Bebop Drone spare parts has to be specified depending the location, retailer or website etc.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

appleswarm
Co-pilot

gIsland_Bob wrote:

appleswarm wrote:

...Why on earth would anyone push motor stop in a situation that would destruct the drone 

Uh, Accidentally? Especially when Parrot mounted it on the center of the handle of the original SkyController. 

Tall weeds? I land in tall weeds all the time. Try a piece of cardboard...   Smiley Surprised

Accidentally?  Not me.   And that is dumb. Just because most accidents are caused by accident doesnt mean we take the steering wheel out of all the cars because a lot of people wrecked by steering into an obstruction....   How Stewpid can you git?

And just how big is your cardboard? My screens are 10' x 10' at least and those are not big enough. Parrot even recommends at least 40' x 40' for an LZ.  I cant do that here without crop damage.  Ive got thousands of bebop flights under my belt. You cant fool me. Why try?

BTW, skycontroller still supports the emergency button.  You can configure it on any button you want.  It was removed from the ipad flight control screen and the samsung tablet screen and there is no configuration utility so we can customize for our own experience levels.

Anyway, I kinda combined two issues and the replies were at first dual headed so I cant kudo one and not the other then latter replies are about an issue I can not change my mind about because my mind is set by physical fact. MOST of the time I get the bebop to land squarely on a 16 inch square white tile.     If it's windy I can get it on the 10 foot square screen.  If it's getting darker out in the evening and the battery is weak I usually have to drop it in tall grass. 

I guess this is more of a firmware thing, now sometimes I have the bebop on a slow perfect descent headed right at the landing square.. but now the bebop suddenly stops descending about a foot over the LZ.  It didn't do that before.  It would keep going where I was telling it to go. But now it balks.  It balks at the hard surface LZ, but not tall grass or brush.  It's not helpful.

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

appleswarm wrote:

...Why on earth would anyone push motor stop in a situation that would destruct the drone 

Uh, Accidentally? Especially when Parrot mounted it on the center of the handle of the original SkyController. 

Tall weeds? I land in tall weeds all the time. Try a piece of cardboard...   Smiley Surprised

lpff
Co-pilot

...Why on earth would anyone push motor stop in a situation that would destruct the drone except to prevent a larger disaster like running into an anitque lamp or endangering lives?

Somebody has to care before the need to hit that button. I mean don't fly near your antique lamp or near people. Altough I feel anxiety if I have to care NOT to press a button on my small mobile's screen my mistake. That's a reason that I turned to use a tablet.

BB1 4.0.6, FFPro 4.3.6, Skycontroller 1 1.7.4 / Samsung TAB S & Xiaomi WiFi+
Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

appleswarm wrote:

Island_Bob wrote:

Edit: Emergency Button? Really? We call it the "self destruct" button, 'cause that's what happens when you push it during a flight.  Smiley Surprised

I'm calmed down a bit now. ;-) and not trying to hide

I recognized you by your first post,...sadly people like you dont change,you will "slip and fall " again...........and i will wait and watch you,ready to blast you with my virtual powers..........windy!!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
appleswarm
Co-pilot

Island_Bob wrote:

Edit: Emergency Button? Really? We call it the "self destruct" button, 'cause that's what happens when you push it during a flight.  Smiley Surprised

Funny. Who is "We"? "We" would include "Me" would it not?  I will guess I have more Bebop 1 (v3.0) flight time under my belt than the vast majority of "Us".  Don't let my young forum handle fool you.  My previous handle was banned for foul language violations. Chuckle. I'm calmed down a bit now. ;-) and not trying to hide.

...my vision of the "bebop 3" would add tilt rotors and deployable delta wings, right?   Tilt rotors would allow for greater speed and deployable delta wings built into something that looks like the bebop 1 eps hull protectors when closed.

The two would be used together..

The wings (rigid and light with proper airfoil profile) would spread open and the rotors would tilt so the craft would combine properties of the Bebop 2 and the Disco....

appleswarm
Co-pilot

lpff wrote:

What was the use of emergency button? To destroy the drone?

Motor stop is for landing in real world conditions here, like in tall grass or sometimes dropping it into a soft bush.   That is better than crashing it by fouling the motors with grass and leaves, etc.  One time a solar storm started while I was in flight! The gps and magnetometer went crazy and there was a foot of snow on the ground!  I couldnt control it well at all.   I managed to hit "stop" when the bebop was less than a meter over a soft bush with no snow in it and the bebop is fine to this day.

...Why on earth would anyone push motor stop in a situation that would destruct the drone except to prevent a larger disaster like running into an anitque lamp or endangering lives?

appleswarm
Co-pilot

Island_Bob wrote:

as @lpff mentioned - There is no such thing as a Bebop 3. It was the next drone after the A.R. 2.0 and people got confused and called the original Bebop version 3...

Every time you see a Bebop 3 part listed, you can be sure they're talking about the original Bebop (1). Bebop 2 is an entirely different animal.

There are parts for the Bebop everywhere!  Try Amazon. They have over 20 pages of "Bebop Drone Parts"

Well seriously.. I have no way to land without the motor stop because I come down and hover over the tall grasses then drop the bebop into the tall grass.  But NOW the bebop tries to land in the grass and the motors get fouled when the props hit and wind the grass up into the motors.  UCK.  I can take off from a tripod but cannot land there easily without wrecking the bebop just isnt THAT stable to be landed on something that small every time.

How in the world does every part vendor around get the idea to rename the bebop into a bebop 3.0?   Something really stinks there, like someone is censoring the internet somehow.  It is hard for me to believe everyone had the same dumb idea at the same time. 

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

as @lpff mentioned - There is no such thing as a Bebop 3. It was the next drone after the A.R. 2.0 and people got confused and called the original Bebop version 3...

Every time you see a Bebop 3 part listed, you can be sure they're talking about the original Bebop (1). Bebop 2 is an entirely different animal.

There are parts for the Bebop everywhere!  Try Amazon. They have over 20 pages of "Bebop Drone Parts"

lpff
Co-pilot

There is no Bebop 3 (I wish to be launched soon with real 4K video, lol).

When they sell Bebop 3 are talking about Bebop 1 (I think it comes out of AR. DRONE 2.0, so the new one is ...3).

What was the use of emergency button? To destroy the drone?

BB1 4.0.6, FFPro 4.3.6, Skycontroller 1 1.7.4 / Samsung TAB S & Xiaomi WiFi+