16 REPLIES
thewhatever
Senior Navigator

Re: Should I pick a Bebop 1 or 2?

Well after a good (but fast) editing I can say the result is as good even sometimes better than jpegs from Spark!

The thing is that it needs chromatic aberation as well as purple fringing reduction, also the resolution is small because of the heavy crop so we end up with 2 to 3MP, but for social media post like Facebook, Instagram and Flickr it's pretty good.

Can we do 360 spherical panoramas with Bebop?

thewhatever
Senior Navigator

Thank you, sent you an answer Smiley Happy

lpff wrote:

Look at your messages. Thanks

lpff
Co-pilot

Look at your messages. Thanks

BB1 4.0.6, FFPro 4.3.6, Skycontroller 1 1.7.4 / Samsung TAB S & Xiaomi WiFi+
thewhatever
Senior Navigator

Can I ask someone of you to send me a (or couple of) RAW photos taken in a sunny day, preferably landscape ones of Bebop 1 or 2?

As I love Raw editing my Fujifilm photos, I want to see the capabilities of Raw with the Bebop 1 an 2

sergeyp
Master navigator

Its not only about firmware. As you may notice, Parrot do not offer any more bebop 1 for sales. I assume warranty support will also be limied. 

You can only buy it via 3rd party. By the way current 3rd party prices in US for refurb bare bebop 1 is $100 and $270 for bebop 2+skycontroller2+glasses.

lpff
Co-pilot

The real issue is that Parrot updates the FF 3 app to FF pro and then Bebop 1 users are forced ro download over 150mb of software there is no use for on Bebop 1

.. and the updates are more likely to step on bebop than disco.   A refined and debugged ff just for Bebop would be nice.   Sometimes I get the feeling the software is rigged to encourage me to buy new stuff.

I've already proposed a dedicated FF version only for BB1. I'm waiting to see if Parrot can understand the need.

JRCharlton
Navigator

ShellDude wrote:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Parrot is no longer releasing firmware updates for the B1.   This should be a major consideration when deciding which one to purchase.

The platform has been evolving since its introduction in 2010.  Over those 7 years we have seen Parrot release the AR.Drone V1, AR. Drone V2 (multiple variations including their flight planner GPS module), the Bebop v1, and their current mainstay device, the Bebop V2 (multiple variations of which are now emerging -- Power, Bluegrass, Pro Thermal, Pro Modeling, and accessory devices like the seqoia and s.l.a.m dunk).

My guess is we have another year of the Bebop 2 ahead of us.

Not releasing new firmware for the Bebop 1 really is not an issue because the firmware is refined and debugged.

The real issue is that Parrot updates the FF 3 app to FF pro and then Bebop 1 users are forced ro download over 150mb of software there is no use for on Bebop 1

.. and the updates are more likely to step on bebop than disco.   A refined and debugged ff just for Bebop would be nice.   Sometimes I get the feeling the software is rigged to encourage me to buy new stuff.

Speaking of new stuff.. motherboards gps and camera modules can be upgraded.  That still leaves the smaller battery, though.

20 minutes is a longer flight plan or more safety margin...

thewhatever
Senior Navigator

I agree though they could have updated the camera on the Bebop 2 Power, it's a brand new model.

Parrot used to be one of the best trusted brand and now the camera is so obsolete!

lpff
Co-pilot

Skydreamer wrote:

Dont forget when comparing bebop 2 to mavic or spark that parrot technology is older by at least 1 year...question is will parrot invest in brand new drone capable of competing with other companys or will they sell bebop 2 under different packs/names for another year or two and in the end stick to commercial side of drone business (somehow i dont see much money there with all competition)

Yes. I'm waiting for a drone capable of 4K video and with a better GPS than BB1's. But I don't care for gestures, selfies and magic that is for fun, I'm sorry. And look at the forums. All makers have their problems both on software and hardware.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Dont forget when comparing bebop 2 to mavic or spark that parrot technology is older by at least 1 year...question is will parrot invest in brand new drone capable of competing with other companys or will they sell bebop 2 under different packs/names for another year or two and in the end stick to commercial side of drone business (somehow i dont see much money there with all competition)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg