thewhatever
Master navigator

Re: Should I pick a Bebop 1 or 2?

I agree

If only the Bebop 2 camera was better than Bebop 1...heck even the Breeze 4K has a better camera at 1080p.

I don't want the best imaqge quality possible or I would have buy a Mavic but a Spark which is more or less the same price as the Bebop 2 has a video quality that blows BP2 out of the water.

The only advantages of BP1 and BP2 are the wifi mods (cheap wifi repeater + PS3 gamepad) and the super nice battery of the BP2

ShellDude
Commander Pilot

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Parrot is no longer releasing firmware updates for the B1.   This should be a major consideration when deciding which one to purchase.

The platform has been evolving since its introduction in 2010.  Over those 7 years we have seen Parrot release the AR.Drone V1, AR. Drone V2 (multiple variations including their flight planner GPS module), the Bebop v1, and their current mainstay device, the Bebop V2 (multiple variations of which are now emerging -- Power, Bluegrass, Pro Thermal, Pro Modeling, and accessory devices like the seqoia and s.l.a.m dunk).

My guess is we have another year of the Bebop 2 ahead of us.

While every effort has been made to ensure the safety and stability of you and your Bebop drone, following my recommendations are done so at your own risk.
thewhatever
Master navigator

Not in France

Nor in Lebanon, it's 500$ and without controller

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

thewhatever wrote:

I want to get a used Bebop (sorry on budget) for my ski days, I saw some videos showing that the video quality is not much better on Bebop 2, sky is even over-exposed compared to Bebop 1, so beside the battery what are the advantages of Bebop 2?

Also can you use the Follow me feature using the Parrot or third party app with Bebop 1?

Hi,Parrot sells Bebop 2 with skycontroller for only 350 $$,insane price...it is only bit more expensive than bebop1,I absolutely recommend this deal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parrot-Bebop-2-Drone-Red-Skycontroller-Black/182488605211?_trkparms=aid%3D2...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
lpff
Commander Pilot

thewhatever wrote:

I want to get a used Bebop (sorry on budget) for my ski days, I saw some videos showing that the video quality is not much better on Bebop 2, sky is even over-exposed compared to Bebop 1, so beside the battery what are the advantages of Bebop 2?

Also can you use the Follow me feature using the Parrot or third party app with Bebop 1?

I think BB2 is better performer overall but BB1 is on the budget side now, very low priced now indeed.

Video quality is just the same but BB1 lens is more forward looking (50% sky & 50% land by default, can be tilted up or down). BB2 lens is by default tilted more to the ground and that distorts more the vertical lines (in my point of view) of the buildings.

If you can afford the BB2 go for it as it has the most potential for future developements.

Otherwise BB1 is a very good drone to start with.

is more tilted.

BB1, FFPro 5.1.1, Flypad, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 / Samsung TAB S 8.4 , Xiaomi WiFi+
Island_Bob
Commander Pilot
Solution

There are 3rd party Follow Me apps for the Bebop, but none work as reliably as the Bebop 2 (barring temporary update problems). if you're considering using it for skiing, ask yourself if a max of 10 minutes unattended flight time is enough, or if 20 minutes would be better...

As for video quality, there's no significant difference. Any difference you see in videos is most likely in the video settings or post processing.

Highlighted
thewhatever
Master navigator

Should I pick a Bebop 1 or 2?