Timbobean
Navigator

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 4.3.7 iOS / 4.3.5 Android

Hi all

how do I update the free flight pro app I'm running 4.0.42 with flight plan ..when I check for updates I get message to connect drone but I want to update free flight pro not my drone ...

Pelagor00
Master Observer

Hi,

I've already got a problem while downloading the app. I have a Huawei Honor Note 8 woth Android 7.0 and the app does not start to download, although the playstore says "downloading". I tried to start the download via the playstore in the internet and found out, that the playstore has the information, that FreeFlight Pro is already installed, but my mobile has no app or even file with this name. The Parrot support supposed me to reset my phone, but I want to avoid this, if possible...

Hope anybody can help me! Thanks!

Pelagor00

NomonK
Explorer

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 4.3.7 iOS / 4.3.6 Android

I'm Controling the BeBop Drone with a Samsung Note 5.  I would like to purchase a larger screen like on a Tablet.  If this is possible what tablet will operate the drone and the new Free Flight Pro?

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

ParrotCommunity wrote:

Hi all,
A new version of FreeFlight Pro for Android is released. The version 4.3.6 correct a bug on the display interface on update page in Italian. The title of the topic is updated accordingly.

I see 4.3.8 is available for iOS. The App store says it "Improves the stability of the app" - Does that mean it addresses the iOS app crashes by any chance?

Retired contributor

Hi all,
A new version of FreeFlight Pro for Android is released. The version 4.3.6 correct a bug on the display interface on update page in Italian. The title of the topic is updated accordingly.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

hathdert
Senior Pilot

Why you dont download maps before take off and decided to download  when you are 100m high midflight? Its not too dangerous this type of decision? But i understand, if drone loses wifi signal it will not reconect at all.

My s7 edge always do exact same thing when i am testing bebop at home, but never midflight.

Rentech1 wrote:

Hi,  I'm currently on 4.2.16 in which I believe I inadvertently discovered what I think is a bug.  I'm hoping this may have been fixed in this release.

After connecting to the drone and taking off I briefly connected my wifi to the internet to download google satellite view, reconnecting to the bebop wifi before the RTH time was initiated. Not advisable I know.   What I found was even though my phone reconnected to the drone Freeflight pro did not recognise the fact.  Subsequently the drone hovered stationary 100m up, perfectly happy with its wifi connection, but Freeflight Pro showed the continuous message connecting but wouldn't.  No rebooting of app, phone or wifi connection would reinstate the connection between the app and the drone.  I was left to wait until the battery ran low initiating an auto landing.

I have since reproduced this at a much lower height to test and the same happens.  I would suggest that the fact that a user can switch wifi off that the App has the ability to still remake the connection once connection is returned unless this there is a technical reason not to.

Tested with Galaxy S7 on android 7.0

Cheers

Rentech1
Master navigator

Hi,  I'm currently on 4.2.16 in which I believe I inadvertently discovered what I think is a bug.  I'm hoping this may have been fixed in this release.

After connecting to the drone and taking off I briefly connected my wifi to the internet to download google satellite view, reconnecting to the bebop wifi before the RTH time was initiated. Not advisable I know.   What I found was even though my phone reconnected to the drone Freeflight pro did not recognise the fact.  Subsequently the drone hovered stationary 100m up, perfectly happy with its wifi connection, but Freeflight Pro showed the continuous message connecting but wouldn't.  No rebooting of app, phone or wifi connection would reinstate the connection between the app and the drone.  I was left to wait until the battery ran low initiating an auto landing.

I have since reproduced this at a much lower height to test and the same happens.  I would suggest that the fact that a user can switch wifi off that the App has the ability to still remake the connection once connection is returned unless this there is a technical reason not to.

Tested with Galaxy S7 on android 7.0

Edit:  Tried this today and all seems to reconnect OK.  Not sure if the recent Bebop and FFP updates have sorted, fingers crossed

Cheers

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

ParrotCommunity wrote:

Hi @Island_Bob, as far as I know YES. We worked on crash issues, most of them are fixed with this version. Not all of them are fixed yet. If you still encounter a crash with the app please describe the steps you followed to crash the app (if other apps where running/steps with the smartphone/tablet/model and OS version etc.).

GREAT news, and thanks for the quick response!

Retired contributor

Hi @Island_Bob, as far as I know YES. We worked on crash issues, most of them are fixed with this version. Not all of them are fixed yet. If you still encounter a crash with the app please describe the steps you followed to crash the app (if other apps where running/steps with the smartphone/tablet/model and OS version etc.).

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Do the "minor bug fixes" address the iOS crashing out of the program issue?