18 REPLIES
appleswarm
Master navigator

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 4.3.7 iOS / 4.3.6 Android

v5.0.1 on iOS ipad mini 3 is still BROKEN

WE ARE NOT YOUR ALPHA TESTERS

Now, the satellite maps disappear faster than ever leaving the flight plan display black when Im out in the field to fly.

Flight plan is still totally useless now,  all the waypoints and POIs change position on the map (assuming I get a map at all).   I can no longer zoom in on the map past a certain point.

Flight plan was useful before the update to 5.0.0, but had the issue it always had of the satellite maps vanishing causing me to redownload the same data over and over.

Now the redownload of the map data is worse.  I did the "preload" option and that didn't work.. the maps black out anyway. Even if Im online and have a map, the flight planner doesnt work at all now.

I stll cannot access "my flights"  like I was able to earlier this year.  One of the 4.something updates killed that feature. Now it insists I log into a parrot cloud when I try. 

armandoqq
Senior Navigator

Hello is not necessary IOS11 to use Freeflight Pro 5, regards.

appleswarm
Master navigator

Well I installed ff pro 5. on my ipad mini 3 iOS 9.3.3

FUK YOU PARROT

YOU SABOTAGED FLIGHT PLAN

I AM CALLING FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT NOW

IT IT WAY TOO EASY TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO HATE YOUR NEW SOFTWARE TO GANG UP WITH, AND WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT THAT YOU SELL US ONE THING AND THEN SABOTAGE IT AFTER YOU GET OUR MONEY.

AND YOUR ARTWORK STINKS

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FLIGHT PLAN AND WHY IT DOESNT WORK THAT MEANS YOU DONT TEST SOFTWARE BEFORE YOU CRAM IT DOWN OUR THROATS.

IT IS POISON, EVER SINCE FF3--> FFpro transtitiom

lots of obvious changes, major interface changes means I have to relearn most of the interface before I can fly.   I havent flown yet or even connected to the bebop yet with the new app 'cause it is night.

appleswarm
Master navigator

I am wondering if I should install this update on my iPad mini 3 yet.

And I have been considering buying a skycontroller 1 if I can find one at a decent price.

I'm curious if I need to update my iOS from 10.3,3 to the new iOS 11 first..

I have not been able to update to iOS 11 yet because the app.. Photogene.. that is the only app Ive found so far to open RAW .dng files from the Bebop... iOS informs me will be shut down in iOS 11 unless the developer takes action and I have seen no update for that app yet. I shoot mostly raw photos...

Does FFPro 5.x need the iOS 11 update?

armandoqq
Senior Navigator

Hello, with the new update of FreeFligh Pro 5.0.0 in Ipad Mini2 results in loss of video streaming in a few minutes using Skycontroller without losing control or flight data of the drone, with previous update did not happen this problem, I notice that this error it does not happen if I use bebop 1 (4.0.6) directly with the ipad. I guess it may be some issue of Skycontroller incompatibility (1.7.4) with the new Freeflight Pro 5.0.0 in IOS, Thank you for the solution to this problem. Cordial greetings.

appleswarm
Master navigator

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 4.3.7 iOS / 4.3.5 Android

What can I say?  It just erased all the satellite picture again.  It's infuriating.

Grrrrrrrrrr.   makes me so effin mad! yes. I just downloaded the satellite maps of the area I would be flying in just yesterday. So today I go out to fly.. All the maps are blank again. You dont like the word stew pid but what else can I call it? Dimwitted? I informed parrot of this bug in the ios version years ago and it cant be difficult to fix. So fix it dimwits. Hire a programmer again. Stop being evil and maybe a good programmer will join you. I'm too smart to be evil

Which is the correct term?

Intellegence Challenged?

Not Smart?

Retarded?

appleswarm
Master navigator

ios version

the display bug next to the video record button that read 360000 minutes or so corrects itself once at least one video is recorded. Then it shows the length in time of the video(s) in memory.  I guess it has trouble with "Zero"

The display bug in flight plan that shows 319000 minutes duration for a one minute flight remains.  I do not understand why this would be and have not tried running a flight plan because if I take the information literally ... is there a hodden waypoint thousands of miles away being included in the flight time?

The flight time displays correctly in the timeline mode, but not the map screen with the "Play" button.

Also, in flight plan map on the ipad retina display.. the labels on a flight line between two waypoints that show the length of the path in (feet) is too small for me to read.  Zooming in doesnt zoom the label nor does the label respond to the system accessibility settings for larger print.  I would also sometimes like to see the number of feet long without having to unlock the flight plan and move a waypoint... the way it works now.  

The app quit showing me my flight data after recent updates and now instead demands I log into the Parrot Cloud.   So I can't delete save plans from the ipad even, without uninstalling free flight and reinstalling.   This app grew from 60mb with a video to 230mb without a video and for an ipad user with a bebop 1 has fewer features than ever. Burdensome to reinstall. It takes all day and then some on cellular data.

The wifi radar has a lot more room for display on an ipad screen.  The free flight 3 was much easier to read in this regard. This newer version comapcts the graph down so weaker signals barely show at the bottom and are easy to miss.  (they could get stronger if i fly towards them unknowingly) .   I also miss having live video from the drone onscreen while in settings modes like wifi radar... which I sometimes access while in the air.

And still downloading the same satellite data over and over in flight plan. It keeps blacking out the map (but not the waypoints or poi)  I still have to put POIs on the map just to keep my bearings once the map graphics are erased again.

Island_Bob
Commander Pilot

Timbobean wrote:

Hi all

how do I update the free flight pro app I'm running 4.0.42 with flight plan ..when I check for updates I get message to connect drone but I want to update free flight pro not my drone ...

You go to your phone's App Store to update the app....

Timbobean
Navigator

Hi all

how do I update the free flight pro app I'm running 4.0.42 with flight plan ..when I check for updates I get message to connect drone but I want to update free flight pro not my drone ...

Pelagor00
Master Observer

Hi,

I've already got a problem while downloading the app. I have a Huawei Honor Note 8 woth Android 7.0 and the app does not start to download, although the playstore says "downloading". I tried to start the download via the playstore in the internet and found out, that the playstore has the information, that FreeFlight Pro is already installed, but my mobile has no app or even file with this name. The Parrot support supposed me to reset my phone, but I want to avoid this, if possible...

Hope anybody can help me! Thanks!

Pelagor00