8 REPLIES
Keceru
Co-pilot

Re: [Update] FreeFlight Pro 5.0.2 for Android and iOS

@X-ParrotCommuni

Je viens de finir de faire les tests me suivre. J'avais déjà jugé que bebop2 s'est écrasé.

Après une heure de tests et 3 crashs de bas niveau, je peux CONFIRMER que juste après le follow me le bebop tombe au sol.

J'ai effectué des tests avec Bebop2 Fw4.3.1 Sky2 1.0.6 FFP 5.0.2. Android 5.1.1 Avant les tests j'ai effectué Hard Reset.

Avant chaque vol j'ai fait Calibration et Flat Trim

J'ai des films réalisés avec une autre caméra, un enregistrement sur smartphone et des journaux de bord.

Dès que je peux monter les vidéos je mettrai le lien

armandoqq
Senior Navigator

We could agree bebop users 1 in order to give us reliable support in a new firmware both bebop and Skycontroller. Apparently parrot engineers are focused on the bebop 2 and Disco, leaving users forgotten the bebop 1 and Skycontroller with many software failures unresolved. Even when we have invested a certain amount of important money in your product.

lpff
Co-pilot

armandoqq wrote:

Flight with the latest version of Freeflight 5.0.2 in Bebop 1 with Skycontroller 1.7.4 with IOS11 Ipad mini, however the other day I had a Fly Away fortunately recovering by itself in the air before crashing, however I lost a bit the confidence to fly it, still not solved the problem of GPSFix takes a long time to take or no take never. I guess this is a firmware problem bebop 1 which has not been updated since version 4.0.6 of firmware.

Parrot Team, please do not Leave the bebop 1 users. Best regards. 

PD: Later I will leave you video of the fly away

Look my previous reply. I will never trust an update before get recommendations and experience from other users, I don't understand why a software gets worst instead of better.

I also proposed them to make a stable Bebop 1 only app. Personally I dont need thinks that BB1 cannot  execute, as per its hardware.

BB1 4.0.6, FFPro 4.3.6, Skycontroller 1 1.7.4 / Samsung TAB S & Xiaomi WiFi+
armandoqq
Senior Navigator

Flight with the latest version of Freeflight 5.0.2 in Bebop 1 with Skycontroller 1.7.4 with IOS11 Ipad mini, however the other day I had a Fly Away fortunately recovering by itself in the air before crashing, however I lost a bit the confidence to fly it, still not solved the problem of GPSFix takes a long time to take or no take never. I guess this is a firmware problem bebop 1 which has not been updated since version 4.0.6 of firmware.

Parrot Team, please do not Leave the bebop 1 users. Best regards. 

PD: Later I will leave you video of the fly away

lpff
Co-pilot

After testing, I re-installed FreeFlight Pro 4.3.6 in my mobile & tablet. Works fine with my SC 1.7.4 bought last week. I will not update any more as new FreeFlight versions have nothing to offer to BB1 users, except bugs.

Markhamf
Senior Pilot

Edit: Sorry wrong forum (I use a Bebop 2!)

On my iPhone 6s running iOS 11.0.3

Spent a few hours in the air using FreeFlight Pro 5.0.2, didn't find any bugs other than the video time not counting when my phone is in 12-hr time mode. 

Flew well otherwise. Didn't test FlightPlan but I  do see its listed as fixed in the change-log. 

The live video feed is slightly smoother than Bebop Pro when Bluetooth is enabled; but slightly less smooth than Bebop Pro when Bluetooth is disabled.

Tested FPV (with goggles) + Flypad as well, worked nicely. 

Taking a JPG photo whilst filming video is working under iOS. 

So far so good... Thanks, Parrot. 

lpff
Co-pilot

X-ParrotCommuni wrote:

Hi all,
A new version of FreeFlight Pro is available for Android and iOS. The version 5.0.2 brings different changes listed on the dedicated Knowledge Base article for FreeFlight Pro 5. Many changes aims the use of the new firmwares on the Parrot Bebop 2.
Don't hesitate to share your feedbacks or questions about this version of the app. To be more specific, don't forget to share your setup. Indeed, results can be different with another device or OS version. We wish you a nice flight!

Tested indoors and here what I found:

1. Video streaming looks ok now

2. RTH setting found

3. FPV icon missing again!

4. Cannot take a photo during video recording as in the past.

Outdoor testing next weekend, stay tuned!

Markhamf
Senior Pilot

Did some testing under iOS 11; Bluetooth remote is now detected properly (Flypad in my case); and my iPhone can now be in 12-hr time mode without app crashes when starting video recording (but it doesn't count video time in that mode).

Will test in the air tomorrow. 

Thanks Parrot!

Highlighted
Retired contributor

[Update] FreeFlight Pro 5.0.2 for Android and iOS

Hi all,
A new version of FreeFlight Pro is available for Android and iOS. The version 5.0.2 brings different changes listed on the dedicated Knowledge Base article for FreeFlight Pro 5. Many changes aims the use of the new firmwares on the Parrot Bebop 2.
Don't hesitate to share your feedbacks or questions about this version of the app. To be more specific, don't forget to share your setup. Indeed, results can be different with another device or OS version. We wish you a nice flight!

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.