8 REPLIES
Explorer

Re: Sky Controller 2 with Wifi Extender

What app is being used to control the drone in that video?

Master Observer

im also wondering whether a wifi repeater can be used with sky controller 2 as i dont even get 1km range!

Senior Pilot

igalep wrote:

I'm using SC2 , and I cannot say that I'm very seticfied with it's performance , the farest distance I got was 750m.

I've ordered xiomi amplifier , I understand that it might be connected to the phone , but any chance to connect it to the SC2 as well ?

thanks

SC should give you a bit more range than that - you're in 'USA' regional mode, right? You tested in an area without buildings/wifi interference?

Senior Navigator

Parrot told me the Sky Controller 2 is basiclly an extender and that using it with another in close range can damage the SC2.

Also, I got the Xiaomi-Mini-Mi-WIFI-Router and was not impressed....got about 750m  On another note that was on a phone that had to be replaced.

But on that same phone, I got out to just over 2 miles using my TOTOLINK extender and sat dish.   I could have went farther but did not want to push it due to terrain.   Check this guy out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3IXuzFlaEo

Master Observer

I'm using SC2 , and I cannot say that I'm very seticfied with it's performance , the farest distance I got was 750m.

I've ordered xiomi amplifier , I understand that it might be connected to the phone , but any chance to connect it to the SC2 as well ?

thanks

Senior Navigator

So...its a little laggy but does the job.  Much better than having your fingers over the screen and allowing for multiple directions concurrently (exp: up while turning) 

Senior Navigator

Cool info...thanks!  I did not know these were compatible because it does not mention it on their website.  After reading your response, I did see people using the Flypad on Youtube.   I am going to pick one up today w/ great savings! Again, thanks! :-)

Senior Pilot

The SC2 should give you pretty good range even without the extender (though probably not as far as your Totolink!).

That said, if you're looking for a tactile way to fly, the Parrot Flypad is inexpensive, well made, has a phone holder, and works well with the Bebop via FreeFlight Pro.  And you can use it with your existing extender.

Highlighted
Senior Navigator

Sky Controller 2 with Wifi Extender

Does anyone know if the Sky Controller 2 can connect to a wifi extender?  I am getting good range with my TOTOLINK extender...but am tired of using my phone screen as the controller.