9 REPLIES
Saiber77
Navigator

Re: Where Can I Get a Spare Charger for the Skycontroller 2?

Thanks petej, that's really helpful. Hope you have a great day!

petej
Senior Navigator

Hi Saiber. The charger I made is quite simple. It consists of a 12VDC 2 Amp power supply wired to a 3.5mm x 1.35mm DC Male Jack Connector. The positive wire from the power supply is soldered to the center pin of the jack. That's really all you need to charge the flight controller.

Saiber77
Navigator

Merci de toute façon, je préfère avoir un D.I.Y. Option ou d'avoir Parrot résoudre 
mon problème plutôt que d'être dit Je dois acheter un chargeur qui aurait dû être
avec le pack Bebop FPV 2 j'ai déjà dépensé de l'argent sur. Il est plutôt insultant de faire vos clients achètent des pièces
supplémentaires... Votre entreprise aurait dû fournir les adaptateurs multi
nécessaires pour convertir à d'autres chargeurs similaires aux convertisseurs
pour différentes sources d'alimentation à travers le monde, ou tout simplement
inclus un chargeur dans le pack FPV.

Votre mère était un hamster, et votre père sentait comme des baies de sureau!

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonjour à tous,
Le chargeur pour Parrot Skycontroller 2 est disponible ici.

https://www.parrot.com/fr/pieces-detachees/drones/chargeur-cable-et-plugs-x4-parrot-skycontroller-2 

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

Saiber77
Navigator

petej wrote:

I solved my need for a spare Skycontroller 2 charger by building one from a 1.35mm barrel charging plug and a 12VDC 2 amp power adapter, total cost less than $15 ( including a 10-pack of charging plugs, so I have nine spares). A bit of soldering, a short length of heat shrink tubing to seal everything up and voila!

Can you provide part details? I picked up a Parrot FPV Pack which has a cable but no charger, in Parrot's infinite wisdom they decided to change the pin config on their newer chargers. I only have a 4 pin cable on my quad's battery charger... ugh. I'd rather not spend the extra 30 bucks.

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

The LiPo battery in the SC2 is a standard 7.4 volt 2700 mah LiPo battery with a balance plug.  The battery is easily removed.  Nice design by Parrot by the way.  The stock charger does put  out 13.71 volts to the SC2 plug which leads me to believe the SC2 has a built in balance charger for the 7.4 volt battery.

Mariov
Explorer

so you just supply 12v through the plug and that charges the lipo?

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

Deleted...
petej
Senior Navigator

I solved my need for a spare Skycontroller 2 charger by building one from a 1.35mm barrel charging plug and a 12VDC 2 amp power adapter, total cost less than $15 ( including a 10-pack of charging plugs, so I have nine spares). A bit of soldering, a short length of heat shrink tubing to seal everything up and voila!

petej
Senior Navigator

Where Can I Get a Spare Charger for the Skycontroller 2?

I got a Parrot Disco, which comes with the Skycontroller 2 (I love the Skycontroller 2, BTW). But I notice that Parrot changed the connector to the power supply -- the Disco/Skycontroller 2 connector has tighter-spaced pins than the Bebop 2 power supply, so the cables are not interchangeable. I'd like to get a spare charger but I cannot find the new model Skycontroller charging cable + power supply on the Parrot store. I do see a charger for the Disco, but it does not appear to include the charging cable for the Skycontroller 2. Does Parrot plan to offer this in the near future or (better yet) is the Skycontroller 2 cable actually included with the charger for the Disco?