5 REPLIES
mmousseau
Navigator

Re: Which mobile phone to FPV?

The only real control you have of the FPV video quality is within the video quality setting:

NB: define the recording resolution in the settings. When you record a video in 1080p, the live return video feed is 480p.  When you record a video in 720p, the live return video feed is 720p.

Paulios
Navigator

Just got a Sony xz Premium,, wow  what a difference, still a little blocky but soo much better. Now need to figure the settings on the line up and focus on the sky controller.. long lead is a must!

Paulios
Navigator

Hi, I have a Z5 and its very pixelated too, would be very interested what other FPV flyers are using and if it's worth going 4K

mdehate
Master navigator

I am using the Galaxy S7 Edge, and have no real issues, remember the camera is not 4K, and I doubt the signal being transmitted to the phone is at full resolution. If the full resolution is being sent to the phone you would loose out on signal strength, I believe this is why DJI has a different video transmission system on their better drones to save resources for the control system. 

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

michal2442 wrote:

thout interfeHello,

Which mobile phone will give me the best quality of view when using Cockpitglasses FPV?

I used Galaxy S7 but view was not so sharp with pixels visible.

Should we wait for some 4K screens?

I think this is more signal issue,good wifi signal without interferance should give you a good fpv video,....making sure that phone doesnt have to many unnecessary apps running in background might help too

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
Highlighted
michal2442
Explorer

Which mobile phone to FPV?

Hello,

Which mobile phone will give me the best quality of view when using Cockpitglasses FPV?

I used Galaxy S7 but view was not so sharp with pixels visible.

Should we wait for some 4K screens?