6 REPLIES
Retired contributor

Re: New Flower Power App

Hi all,
the app Flower Power has been updated. Improvements have been brought in many aspects of the plant and watering management.

Here is the release note related to the app.

Parrot Flower Power on Android v4.4.5

Reason for the new version :

• Watering phases information improvement
  • Water tank management improvement
  • Graphics improvements
  • Contact details and better video integration on Help menu

Parrot Flower Power on iOS v4.4.4

Reason for the new version :

• Watering phases information improvement
  • Water tank management improvement
  • Graphics improvements
  • Contact details and better video integration on Help menu Compatibility with iCloud Keychain

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.

Hans_Sandkuhl
Co-pilot

ParrotAdmin wrote:

Hi all,
A new version of Flower Power app has been released.
The application ergonomics has been corrected in order to simplify user experience, and to be closer to the day by day monitored garden : indeed, a flower power is still able to monitor many plants, but only one by one. Nevertheless, its diagnosis and advice are still applicable to plants with similar needs if they are nearby and in the same soil. It is also possible to change the monitored plant through the sensor settings, then by clicking on the “x” at the end of the plant line, then modify. Once the new plant selected, sensor updates itself automatically to new constraints. Finally, an application update is to be done in order to switch of plant more easily, from a previously selected list of plants.

Hi, congrats for a such awaited upgrade, I almost thought that after 1 year without significant news and silence on your blog and no news about the new self-watering pots after CES 2015, FP was going to be sold or discontinued. Happy to know you guys keep going. 

Although this upgrade simplified a lot some tasks, there are things that are not working right or missing:

- Group your Garden's plants, or rearrange manually the order of how plants are displayed. It now displays in alphabetical order which is already better as you can insert prefixes in names to influence order, but... I have 9 FP sensors for each and need grouping per zone or garden. i like the list view and small alert icons for each plant the way they are now. 

- FP ios App still does not work in iPad in landscape mode, annoying as i use my ipad as FP dedicated BT hub to continuously scan and update plants. oh but the plant graph does landscape :-)

- Since v2 mandatory firmware upgrade (2.0.3 now, with iOS App v4.1.1), 5 sensors out of 9 do not work correctly with the App and randomly display the Red message "No Soil detected" (seriously?). one day it's there, next day it's gone. Most of the time it says "soil moisture 0%" although my plants are (over)soaked now after this erratic message. then the readings roll up, roll back to zero, count up again and like that for several seconds. I replaced batteries, let it off a couple of minutes tried again and same issue. i know the sensors are connected through BT because when i cover them with my hand, Light readings get an update in real time. Can't trust FP for the plants anymore? I'll open a support ticket for this, hope not to get the traditional "your FP is damaged and needs replacement / is out of warranty" as this happened precisely because of upgrade. 

- I really liked the old version's heads up schedule "plant watering in xxx days", miss that feature

- Plant Db: still not the plants I suggested two years ago several times. what changes have been done in your DB management team and process? ( I love the recommendations for plants in your are feature). 

cheers, Hans 

Make your own kind of music
Even if nobody else sings along
jorgesim
Senior Navigator

hi

in my oppinion this new app lost many good ideas like

in funtion of the data propose one date to watering

when we move the sensor its ask if you change the plant

Syrrys
Senior Navigator

ParrotAdmin wrote:

Hi all,

Yes, that is what everyone is complaining about.

The application ergonomics has been corrected in order to simplify user experience

Fail

, and to be closer to the day by day monitored garden

Ummm... you want people to keep their flowerpowers closer to their plants? Because my old garden is the app was much more like the plants I see in my garden.. (ie. hadn't been deleted)

: indeed, a flower power is still able to monitor many plants, but only one by one. Nevertheless, its diagnosis and advice are still applicable to plants with similar needs if they are nearby and in the same soil. It is also possible to change the monitored plant through the sensor settings, then by clicking on the “x” at the end of the plant line, then modify. Once the new plant selected, sensor updates itself automatically to new constraints.

This needs much better documentation that exists somewhere else. Where does one find the "sensor settings" in the new app? Screenshots please. The only thing I can see is an option to (for example) delete my tomatoes, which would theoretically free up the sensor to monitor a pepper plant (if I were to make a new one since the old one was deleted in the upgrade), but I do not want to delete my tomato plant!! How is this supposed to work? I am completely at a loss with this new app.

Also I really don't understand what the same sensor data cannot be applied to several different plants needs. This is a major reduction in functionality, esp as I try to monitor light levels across several plants with different needs. I can imagine I could get used to manually rotating the sensor affiliation through my plants, but why do I have to do this now?

Finally, an application update is to be done in order to switch of plant more easily, from a previously selected list of plants.

More easily? I used to get prompts all the time if I bumped a sensor, and it was very straight forward to change which plants were being monitored if I needed to move a sensor. This is a huge step back.

And I am still missing all of my old plants the got merged in the update. I'm very close to uninstalling the app and looking for another platform.

ECKEROTH
Senior Navigator

ParrotAdmin wrote:

Hi all,
The application ergonomics has been corrected in order to simplify user experience, and to be closer to the day by day monitored garden : indeed, a flower power is still able to monitor many plants, but only one by one. Nevertheless, its diagnosis and advice are still applicable to plants with similar needs if they are nearby and in the same soil. It is also possible to change the monitored plant through the sensor settings, then by clicking on the “x” at the end of the plant line, then modify. Once the new plant selected, sensor updates itself automatically to new constraints. Finally, an application update is to be done in order to switch of plant more easily, from a previously selected list of plants.

My opinion on the new app. It sux... GUI is cluttered, none intuitive, graph hidden, need to rotate for looking etc. Give us the old app back please...

Regards

Martin Eckeroth

ECKEROTH
Senior Navigator

My opinion on the new app. It sux... GUI is cluttered, none intuitive, graph hidden, need to rotate for looking etc. Give us the old app back please...

Regards

Martin Eckeroth

Highlighted
Retired contributor

New Flower Power App

Hi all,

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.