8 REPLIES
Vpadfsu
Master navigator

Re: FreeFlight Pro V5.0.1 flight plan

Well for me i would let other people fly or maybe fly over water....i wouldnt worry about them or me crashing into water with a minimum altitude set.  Dont understand why they would take off minimum altitude setting. In my opinion best setting feature they had.  When i couldnt judge altitude on a dive but didnt have to worry bc i trusted the minimum atltiude at 16 feet.  Also i cant connect on 5 GHz wifi anymore either...talk about going backward in technology.  I hate publicly trade companies...

Markhamf
Senior Pilot

Vpadfsu wrote:

looks like the took minimum altitude out.  Thats weird....now i can crash it into the ground?

I was also wondering about that: does setting zero altitude allow me to land? If not... How would one land, pause, and then take off in a flight plan now?

Vpadfsu
Master navigator

looks like the took minimum altitude out.  Thats weird....now i can crash it into the ground?

TomLonsdale34
Master navigator

I'd say yes. You can send the Disco on flights exceeding the geofencing limits.

Vpadfsu
Master navigator

So should I update my free flight app or not?  What version is better?  Can I still send my disco on a 20 mile flight plan without connection with the new version flight pro app?

TomLonsdale34
Master navigator

Hi @Blueliner31

Having attempted the same flight plan again, I can confirm that RTH is indeed not activated upon connection loss and was merely a misunderstanding due to the drone entering loiter mode to gain altitude.

My apologies.

Blueliner31
Commander Pilot
Solution

@TomLonsdale34 I haven't tried yet with the new version, but several reports show that the RTH is NOT activated during Flight Plan upon loss of Wifi. 

Bebop 2 & Disco SKC 1 & 2, Samsung galaxy tab S2 & S7 edge 

Blueliner31
Commander Pilot

Very disppointing. Not longer possible to set the RTH delay or the RTH enabling during flight plan...

Bebop 2 & Disco SKC 1 & 2, Samsung galaxy tab S2 & S7 edge 

Highlighted
TomLonsdale34
Master navigator

FreeFlight Pro V5.0.1 flight plan

Hi all

Attempted a flight plan with my Disco yesterday after updating to FFP 5.0.1. Upon connection loss, the Disco initiated an RTH instead of carrying on.

I checked the settings and noticed that the option to make the drone continue the route appears to have been removed. Is there any way to make the drone continue at all?