ehsankhan
Senior Pilot

Re: The Disco looks promising.

i saw the disco on display in the local mall (manila, philippines) and am tempted (even if it is selling here for around $1900). but i do have questions,

• what is the ceiling and the range (saw a youtube video where the operator had it crusing it at 500 meters)? is it possible that parrot is breaching the range and ceilings as were set for bebop2?
  • if yes on the previous question; is it do with the new software or the controller? and should it not then work for bebop 2? (i have ordered the new controller and fpv set for my 2 bebop 2s)
  • landing, does it have to be grass? and does it really require 50 meters? both could be deal breakers, given there will be very few places where i could find a proper 'runway' that complies with these.

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Thanks, now I'm all excited about a yellow Disco. LOL

Update:  Well, Parrot didn't come out with a yellow Disco (LOL) but I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Disco on Black Friday.  Now, to learn new ways to crash.

Roli
Master navigator

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

GabbyParrot wrote:

I'm not too concerned about the wait of 1 or 2 months because I haven't decided if I should wait until the stand alone version comes out.  Still like my humongous Skycontroller and have a nice pair of goggles already.  

And you never know,in month or two they might have nice yellow disco to match your car and skycontroller 😀😀

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

I'm not too concerned about the wait of 1 or 2 months because I haven't decided if I should wait until the stand alone version comes out.  Still like my humongous Skycontroller and have a nice pair of goggles already.  

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Roli wrote:

Hi,

I am surprised, that the "Disco" should take so long to be delivered. The Parrot Company announced, that the orders for the "Disco" will be shipped beginning of September. (I ordered last week) Looking at the Amazon Store they mention a Delivery time as of 7th of September this year.Smiley Very Happy

https://www.amazon.com/Parrot-PF750001AA-Disco/dp/B01JYRII4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=14729880...

😳

Roli
Master navigator

Hi,

I am surprised, that the "Disco" should take so long to be delivered. The Parrot Company announced, that the orders for the "Disco" will be shipped beginning of September. (I ordered last week) Looking at the Amazon Store they mention a Delivery time as of 7th of September this year.Smiley Very Happy

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Thanks for your input.  I have never flown a fixed wing RC aircraft.  The desert here would diffidently be rough on landings, but I have a very large park with a good grass landing field to learn on.  It may take till Christmas before I can convince the wife into yet another flying device.   I see a lot of clear box tape in my future.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Years back i flew similar rc plane,flying was easy,it was landings that i didnt like...there was always scratch here and there,i remember using clear scotch tape to patch cracks in nose and wings....i dont think you will have any problems flying disco ,u just have to make sure u have nice,soft ,grassy landing spot......sand is big no,no...will scratch your camera lens........btw.it takes amazon 1 or 2 months to ship disco,wow....slow production or demand to high?

Highlighted
GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

The Disco looks promising.

The Disco looks very promising.  I like the design and I think even a novice like myself could do a good job of piloting it.  After reviewing all the instructional videos and specifications, I believe it will be extremely popular among the Parrot Community.  I look forward to purchasing one but I already have a Sky Controller and FPV goggles so I am unsure if I would want the complete FPV package.  I live in wide open spaces so covering tremendous areas will be very interesting.  I'm sure It would be possible to break every FAA regulations for UAV's on the books.  New possible adventures.