29 REPLIES
ehsankhan
Co-pilot

Re: The Disco looks promising.

Ultra Lights are fairly safe. They are about as fast as the disco/bebops. And the flying club has a hard ceiling of about 180-200 meters above the ground - to be able to stay out of the airliners' way. By the way, instructors are very experienced. One that I have flown with a couple of times is a former Birtish Airways Captain, and has flown it all from 747s to 777s.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=acfc%20pampanga 

and the run way is aroun 800-900 meters of mowed grass. check out my link in the videos thread. as long as i am early then i can use the runway for disco - 6 flights with total flight time of 90 minutes Smiley Happy

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Ehsankhan,

That is great news.  The flying field sounds perfect.  My Disco also is my go to drone.  Bebop is still great when in tight areas.

I also am intrigued by ultralights, but the wife is adamant about me not flying one.  I think she is judging my driving as a comparison. LOL

ehsankhan
Co-pilot

GabbyParrot,

Great to hear that the weather has improved and that you are busy clocking in your flight hours on the Disco. It indeed is a great and unique drone. I don't even turn to my Bebops 1 and 2 after getting the Disco.

And talking of the Disco - I had issues finding places to fly from and land at. And after much trouble, I have joined a flying club. This allows me to use their runway (almost 1 km in length).  Which means that I am back in business. In fact, this morning I did a nearly 17 km long flight in about 29 minutes Smiley Happy Will upload some videos.

Glad to be back in the air Smiley Happy

PS: Flying Club membership also allows me to go up in ultra light to light aircrafts. Need to start my lessons on that too Smiley Happy

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

GabbyParrot wrote:

Skydreamer,

this shed jumped out in front of me.  

😀

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Skydreamer,

I was flying very low and got too full of myself thinking how great a pilot I was when in a high speed left turn this shed jumped out in front of me.  I don't recommend testing your depth perception on the flying field because I failed mine.  All is well, the Disco flys great and the bruising of my ego is starting to fade.  Great aircraft by the way.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

GabbyParrot wrote:

After a rather severe crash, all my own fault, I replaced the camera and put everything back together.  All is well and the Disco once again flys beautifully.  I believe the Disco to very durable and crash survivable.  The placement of the C.H.U.CK. inside the foam cockpit protects it very well.  The durability of the wings is outstanding.  And finally, kudos to Parrot for providing all the parts you could possibly need on this well thought out and designed plane.  The Disco is my favorite drone.

What happened???

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

After a rather severe crash, all my own fault, I replaced the camera and put everything back together.  All is well and the Disco once again flys beautifully.  I believe the Disco to very durable and crash survivable.  The placement of the C.H.U.CK. inside the foam cockpit protects it very well.  The durability of the wings is outstanding.  And finally, kudos to Parrot for providing all the parts you could possibly need on this well thought out and designed plane.  The Disco is my favorite drone.

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

I flew my DIsco for the first time today.  Weather was 39 degrees with 6 mph winds and a clear sky.  The Disco flew beautifully.  I can not tell you how impressed I was with how easily it launched, how well it handles and how incredibly smooth it lands. I have watched every Disco video on the community and on YouTube (while waiting for the weather to get better) but it didn't prepare me for how much I would enjoy flying it.  I have flown helicopters and quads (Bebop) but never a fixed wing aircraft.  I absolutely love flying the Disco.  I kept it in close and low on my first three flights.  It flew and landed flawlessly all three times within several feet of me.  I can not wait for my next flight.  Parrot, thanks for this beautiful flying machine. 

Edit:  Many flights later I still feel that this is an excellent machine.  It has become my favorite drone to fly. (02/21/2017)

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot

Thanks for your analysis and video.  Keep up the great flying.

ehsankhan
Co-pilot

GabbyParrot and Skydreamer

Here is my eventful first day with the Disco. Easy to fly for a fixed wing, but quite a bit of getting used to when upgrading from the Bebop 2. Perhaps, I should have practiced more with the Swing (only three flights to date with it). First flight as you would see didnt go too well (not having read the manual) but Disco came out in one piece and with no bruises. In the end though, I think that I was already getting a hang of it. Makes for an exciting start to the year.

https://youtu.be/uSQV2AvRM_c