Blueliner31
Commander Pilot

Re: [Update] Firmware 1.4.1 for Parrot Disco

Just ran a quick test, with flight plan and linear landing.

We have now the option to activate RTH during a flight plan execution.

I still have a loiter just before to start the linear landing trajectory. No big deal, but I still don't understand the reason.

Now a clear indication on the screen informs the pilot that the Disco is in landing mode.  The only way to abort the sequence will be to press the landing/takeoff button (like before).

However, still no flare at landing. The camera won't survive on rocky field. This video shows a manual landing. The Disco touch the ground with more than 5° pitch down at about 50 km/h. Not acceptable.

Bebop 2 & Disco SKC 1 & 2, Samsung galaxy tab S2 & S7 edge 

stretch1100
Navigator

Thanks for clearing that up I let the Parrot Facebook group know Flight Plan will still work as before.

GabbyParrot
Commander Pilot
Solution

ParrotCommunity wrote:

Hi all,
A new firmware is released for the Parrot Disco. Version 1.4.1 is available via FreeFlight Pro (Menu, check for Updates).
Geofence limits are applied to Flight Plan: if you activate the Geofencing and you plan a waypoint of the limits a notification appears to set the waypoint inside the limits. If the Geofencing is off the behavior of Flight Plan remains the same as before. About Flight Plan, waypoints validation have been improved. using freeFlight Pro, you are now able to initiate a Return To Home is the settings is activated.
Home location is updated continuously until the moment of the takeoff.
If you have any questions or feedback, don't forget to specify the model of device used, the OS version and to share details about the use. Thank you.

Everything is just fine.

jordanduncan
Senior Pilot

@Rdc4444, I haven't flown yet, but agree with your assessment.  In earlier versions, Geofencing was only applicable to manual flight.  The flight plan seemed to ignore if it was on or off.  It looks like 1.4.1 will honor Geofencing if it's turned on during a flight plan.

I'm looking forward to flying with 1.4.1 to see if the circling at waypoint issue has been resolved.

Rdc4444 wrote:

My understanding from reading the release notes is that if the geofencing is turned off there is no limit to flying to waypoint beyond 2km... Someone correct me

if I'm wrong. Has anyone actually tested the  new firmware to determine if waypoint flights are restricted within 2km if the

geofencing is turned off?

@stretch1100 , I wouldn't panic just yet.  Go and fly using your long range waypoints, and make sure Geofencing is turned off before takeoff - I suspect things will operate as they did before (long range).  If they did do the unthinkable, I will be harping on them with you, but think 1.4.1 will continue to make the Disco better for all of us.

Rdc4444
Master navigator

My understanding from reading the release notes is that if the geofencing is turned off there is no limit to flying to waypoint beyond 2km... Someone correct me

if I'm wrong. Has anyone actually tested the  new firmware to determine if waypoint flights are restricted within 2km if the

geofencing is turned off?

stretch1100
Navigator

I'm located in the US and I'm very disappointed that you've reduced the flight plan capabilities to be inside the confined geofence. You've turned my long range drone into a toy now. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from other RC folks that are disappointed about this as well. 

Highlighted
Retired contributor

[Update] Firmware 1.4.1 for Parrot Disco

Hi all,
A new firmware is released for the Parrot Disco. Version 1.4.1 is available via FreeFlight Pro (Menu, check for Updates).
Geofence limits are applied to Flight Plan: if you activate the Geofencing and you plan a waypoint of the limits a notification appears to set the waypoint inside the limits. If the Geofencing is off the behavior of Flight Plan remains the same as before. About Flight Plan, waypoints validation have been improved. using freeFlight Pro, you are now able to initiate a Return To Home is the settings is activated.
Home location is updated continuously until the moment of the takeoff.
If you have any questions or feedback, don't forget to specify the model of device used, the OS version and to share details about the use. Thank you.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.