8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Video resolution

Hi,
To change video resolution, on FreeFlight Pro, go on Settings / Video.
Along with the resolution, you can also change the quality of the video (bitrate), the framerate. Note that FPV streaming will depend on the resolution you set.
Note that you need to have the firmware updated to be able to enjoy the latest features. Some drones recently unboxed may still have an older firmware.

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

ryanshane
Senior Navigator

This doesn't seem to be the case. In non-fpv view i get video files on my drone which are only 720p. I do not seem to be able to change the resolution anywhere. What am i missing? Where is the option to change it to 1080p?

It seems that others have this issue. I don't really care if this is a new product or an old one, i bought it because it can do 1080p and if it can't do 1080p, then we have a problem.

stevengrant
Senior Navigator

Stephenoraw,

The FPV issue came from a post that said in FPV mode the recording was limited to 720 and that in non-FPV it is 1080.

stephenoraw
Explorer

Hi Stevengrant. I've queried the 1080p issue on my Disco with Parrot support.

This was the answer as of a week ago. " I have checked with our support, concerning the 1080p Full HD camera, this feature will be soon available. Our team is working thoroughly on this feature. As soon as it is available, we will let you know. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

No change since then.

As I see it I have bought a product advertised as 1080p, but it can't (yet?) do it. I have raised this with them as being false advertising, but recognise that this is a new product and there may be some bugs they are working through, so will be patient for a while longer.... I don't understand the FPV/Non FPV reply in this thread and how it relates to the video res.

Roli
Master navigator

As far as I understood, the question was how to change the resolution to 1080 as in the FF Pro it only shows 720 ?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stevengrant,
Two things can be done :
You can set "auto-FPV" on the settings of FreeFlight Pro. so each time you use the Parrot disco you will have the FPV view when pressing "Fly and film".
For time to time use of FPV, there is a FPV  icon to switch from regular view to FPV view.
Enjoy your FPV flights !

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

stevengrant
Senior Navigator

I'm using 1.0.5 which is the latest version.  How do I change FPV modes?

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

stevengrant wrote:

How do you change the video recording resolution to 1080.  It's on 720 now.

FPV mode is 720 streaming and 720 recording.  Non FPV is 480 streaming and 1080 recording.  Which mode are you in?  Which FW/SW are you using?

stevengrant
Senior Navigator

Video resolution

How do you change the video recording resolution to 1080.  It's on 720 now.