http://i63.tinypic.com/2hrms5h.jpg
PlusFire
Explorer

Re: FPV Mambo

would you know when they will make it an addon

colesy68
Navigator

Positive, I tried it and worked perfectly without the camera (as they haven’t released it as an add on yet)

4Drew
Senior Navigator

Thanks a lot Skydreamer, that worked with no worries! I don't know where you found that info, I looked for hours yesterday!! You are the Mambo guru HaHa!!! Thanks again and have a good one.

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

4Drew wrote:

Hello, I can not locate the new firmware file 3.0.3. Can someone please provide the file or a link to it? Thank you so much and happy flying!

Hi...uninstall freeflightmini,download and install new freeflight mini,connect to mambo ,in freeflight mini hit Mamboxxxx in left upper corner and hit Check for Updates to install new firmware

4Drew
Senior Navigator

Hello, I can not locate the new firmware file 3.0.3. Can someone please provide the file or a link to it? Thank you so much and happy flying!

TONTOS
Senior Navigator

I tested it inside-no crashesh and my pad isnt disconnecting , no affect on battery life. The drone is a bit quicker the modes are fun i think its a great update too

Louie
Co-pilot

I also updated my app on my smartphone and tablet along with my Mambo.  The things I noticed where:

• Mambo seems to handle a lot quicker than before.
  • The new Modes from "Normal" to "Drift" and "Racing require the L2 button on the Flypad to switch between modes.
  • When testing new modes make sure you are OUTSIDE with lots of space free from obstacles.  (learned that the hard way Smiley Happy.) 
  • One thing I noticed even after rebooting my devices (android phone and tablet) was that there was a constant disconnection between the Flypad and the app if the Mambo was not in the air.

Overall great update and have yet to check out how battery life has been affected.

Cruzeros
Senior Navigator

First Impressions:

It would seem that:

1-) New flight modes (drift + race) can only be activated via Flypad (with a programmable key)

2-) In any case the two modes (drift and race) deactivate the use of horizontal and vertical stabilization, but not the gyroscope, and unfortunately, flips can not be made only with the stick :-(

Skydreamer
Commander Pilot

Cruzeros wrote:

This is not absolutely true. It is not logical to connect new flight modes to FPV accessory camera.

I just finished updating (in order):
1. FreeFlight Mini Application (android) becoming 5.0.3

2. Parrot Mambo firmware upgrade that becomes 3.0.3

Also connected with Flypad and
it works all in wonder, even the three new ways of flying, WITHOUT NO FPV CAMERA ACCESSORY.

The new modes are very interesting, but I still have to test them well. Of course, the chances of crash / damage increase greatly

Also bug fixes that interested the flypad.

Enjoy

Thank you,piloting style was locked when tried with android and iphone...did hard reset and now is all unlocked