3 REPLIES
appleswarm
Co-pilot

Re: !? how do I take pictures with the wifi cam?

Niggyx wrote:

The HD cam can be set to autorecord in thpiloting menu of FF . When you take off the Video records automaticaly. I find I have to take off before changing to FPV view inorder to have the HD record. Cannot seem to get any response from the FlyPad buttons (L2 is default) for camera conrol. Maybe there is a bug . Has anybody got a response to  Flypad input for camera?

well, Ive had some troubles with flypad buttons mysteriously not working but then they do work.  there is a little reset button on the back of the flypad (paper clip through a hole) that may or may not help, and the flypad configuration in the app.  If you connect the flypad to the Mambo via bluetooth then connect the app to the mambo via wifi then you should be able to setup/confirm the button settings.  Im still confused sometimes when switching between an ios tablet, and an android phone. Sometimes the system seems off, and buttons I set up (I like to put freefall takeoff and rotate 90 or 180 degrees on the flypad instead of the flips...) revert back to default for no apparent reason.

The initial trouble I had wasnt really a problem taking pictures.. It is just that the app reports “0 gigabytes used” even after storing some small videos!  That led me to think the SD card was empty, but it wasnt.  The new versions of the app show the files in the media gallery now.

Its been either too cold or windy here for a while this winter to fly, so this is old information.

Niggyx
Commander Pilot

The HD cam can be set to autorecord in thpiloting menu of FF . When you take off the Video records automaticaly. I find I have to take off before changing to FPV view inorder to have the HD record. Cannot seem to get any response from the FlyPad buttons (L2 is default) for camera conrol. Maybe there is a bug . Has anybody got a response to  Flypad input for camera?

The more I learn the less I know.
JRCharlton
Senior Pilot
Solution

there is a bug in ff mini.  I press the picture and record button on the phone screen but ff mini says no pictures or videos and that the sd card is empty.  But when I pull the sd card out and put it in the phone the pics and videos are there.

It is still unclear what buttons on the flypad are for video rec start/stop and which for bottom cam snapshot and which for fpv cam snapshot.

The instructions and KB are woefully lacking as typical here.

Nice drone though!   The camera quality is much better than most (toy) drones.

Highlighted
JRCharlton
Senior Pilot

!? how do I take pictures with the wifi cam?

The manual and knowledge base only say how to use the bottom cam.

The wifi cam is doing fpv fine... but what button to start/stop video recording  and what button to shoot a picture with the fpv cam!?