The Parrot Pot is an entirely self-contained, automated gardening system that consists of the following:
1. Pull the container from the water reservoir to access the battery compartment.
2. Insert the batteries in the battery compartment.
3. Put the container back into the water reservoir.
4. Add some soil to your plant. The compost must be properly packed down, and the surface of the soil must not be above the maximum level indicated.
5. Remove the water filter cover.
6. Pour up to 2.2 litres (1/2 gallon) of water (maximum).