12 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cannot update sky controller

Hi,
Kudo to X1kappa for his reply !
moreover the second probability, can be that the downloaded file has been renamed "filename(1).plf" is not valid. It has to be "filename.plf" , in our case : "nap_upgrade.plf"

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

X1Kappa
Navigator

When SC repeatedly refuses to upgrade, it might have already upgraded! and is now ignoring the usb stick at boot up.

Start FFP, start SC and connect, then go and check in settings of Free Flight Pro to see what the actual version number is of the Sky Controller, you might find it has changed, I DID Smiley Happy

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

BNR32FAN wrote:
My sky controller won't update either. I have a sandisk 8gb formatted to FAT32 I downloaded directly to the flash drive. I plugged in my skycontroller to my tv put in the flash drive turned it on and it just shows me free flight app. No update procedure. I deleted the update file and downloaded it again from parrot website in support under sc and software update. What am I doing wrong?

Its not either recognizing your flash drive or the update file that is on it.  Do you have another flash drive to try?  Make sure the update file is the right one (nap_update.plf) and that it isn't getting renamed during download.

BNR32FAN
Commander Pilot

My sky controller won't update either. I have a sandisk 8gb formatted to FAT32 I downloaded directly to the flash drive. I plugged in my skycontroller to my tv put in the flash drive turned it on and it just shows me free flight app. No update procedure. I deleted the update file and downloaded it again from parrot website in support under sc and software update. What am I doing wrong?
MadDogFlying
Senior Navigator

Tech support advised me not to use a flash drive larger than 15gb... they say sometimes teh skycontroller has trouble with too large of a thumb drive.

nicknack
Commander Pilot

I have just updated my sky controller now (no HDMI monitor) and it looks like the white leds are showing the progress of installation by lighting up in a sequence. It's difficult to describe in words, but you understand it when you see it: it's nothing like the normal startup sequence. The leds on the left arm light up in progression, one led first, then two, then three, then four, in a very slow sequence. In the meantime (i'd say for each of the left arm leds) the leds on the right do the same, but quicker. It's like a led version of two progress bars, the first showing overall progress, the second individual events.

After not that long (a couple of minutes I guess) all leds went off and the SC seemed to reboot nromally.

I then connected my iphone to the SC wifi, went to settings... software info and the version number was 1.6.6 yippie!

Hope this can be of help to others

Bbizidy
Commander Pilot

If say try another flash drive
eballesq
Commander Pilot

BillyO wrote:

Just reformat it with your computer, and select "FAT" or "FAT32" from menu.  I just used a new Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB, and did not have to format.   I've found that some of the larger (64 GB for example) may not work on some devices.  File is only 170 MB,  so a cheap 4GB is plenty big.

When you get ready to update, connect SC to your TV with a HDMI cable and you can watch the update progress if you want.  Be sure to not move any joysticks or buttons while updating.

Also -- it does take a long time to update the SC.  The first time I updated mine I didn't connect it to the TV and thought it was done.  Wrong.  The process really does take several minutes to complete.  Hooking up to a TV so you know it has finished is really the safest way to do it.

BillyO
Senior Navigator

Just reformat it with your computer, and select "FAT" or "FAT32" from menu.  I just used a new Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB, and did not have to format.   I've found that some of the larger (64 GB for example) may not work on some devices.  File is only 170 MB,  so a cheap 4GB is plenty big.

When you get ready to update, connect SC to your TV with a HDMI cable and you can watch the update progress if you want.  Be sure to not move any joysticks or buttons while updating.

jacobc2323
Senior Navigator

how do i know what format it is?