3 REPLIES
Thewho6
Master navigator

Re: uploading version 1.6.6. to S/C with a Mac

I had to use are windows computer to get the sky controller to update. Couldn't get the mac to work for the update

BBPhoto
Navigator

When you copy the nap_update.plf file to the USB stick on a Mac, it also creates a .nap_update.plf file used for tracking information about the file.  There are also a number of other files created by the Mac that are hidden on the Mac but not on a Windows computer or the skycontroller.  The .nap_update.plf file shows up first in a directory listing on a Windows computer .  The skycontroller also sees the .nap_update.plf file first before the nap_update.plf file, and tries to use the first plf file it finds.  If you put the USB stick in a Windows computer and delete all other files and folders then it will work.  I created an action script so I can right click the USB stick then select my action script to remove all the files and folders starting with a period from the USB stick.  Update works properly after that.

mountkidd
Commander Pilot

LarJgrip wrote:

for some reason or other i am unable to update S/C using a Mac... any suggestions?

The Mac shouldn't be a factor in this update other than to acquire and copy the update plf to a FAT32 formatted USB stick (preferably 8GB or smaller).

Highlighted
LarJgrip
Navigator

uploading version 1.6.6. to S/C with a Mac

for some reason or other i am unable to update S/C using a Mac... any suggestions?