In this section you will learn how to charge the Parrot Flypad, connect it to your drone, and how to custom-configure the buttons to your liking.
*Note: Parrot Flypad is sold separately, and not mandatory for flying the Parrot Mambo or Swing.
**Note: currently there is no provision for updating software on the Parrot Flypad.
Charging the battery
1. Connect the micro USB cable to Parrot Flypad’s micro-USB port.
2. Connect the USB port to a computer or a USB power adapter. The charge LED turns red while charging is in progress. Once charging is complete, the LED turns green. Charging time is approximately 2 hours.
Fully charged, Parrot Flypad has a battery life about 6 hours.
Attaching the smartphone holder
Before using Parrot Flypad’s smartphone holder, make sure your smartphone does not exceed the following dimensions:
• Width: 3.1" / 79mm. • Thickness: 0.4" / 10mm.
1. Insert the smartphone holder’s tab into the slot at the top of the Parrot Flypad.
2. Tighten the screw to anchor the holder to the Parrot Flypad.
3. Lock your smartphone onto the holder via the spring-loaded clamp.
Configuring Parrot Flypad's buttons
Before you start, make sure your smartphone is connected to both the Parrot Flypad and the drone.