dxtr88
Explorer

Re: New firmware v 3.07 for Zik 3

Hi Admin,

I just noticed a decrease on the volume when put on bluetooth mode the Zik 3.0 with this update. Is there any way to correct this?

Regards,

Bryan

Antrax
Senior Navigator

I don't know if it's intentional but i've the same behavior, now the windows' audio control doesn't work with the zik 3.0, i've to use the headphone's touchpad that it's not so convenient.

parrot123
Master navigator

w7 sp1 64

lenovo w530 (workstation grade laptop)

intel (R) 7 / C216 chipset family controller (proper usb controller including usb 3.0 and usb 2.0)

Behavior of Parrot 3.06 attached to usb 2.0 port, in 5.1 audio mode and bluetooth not paired:

Control: Microsoft W7SP1 64 Volume Up/Volume Down/Mute (I'm talking about the OS controls not the headphone touch panel)

Result in Zik3 Headphones: Sound changes accordingly with Volume Up/Volume Down/Mute.

Behavior of Parrot 3.07 attached to usb 2.0 port, in 5.1 audio mode and bluetooth not paired:

Control: Microsoft W7SP1 64 Volume Up/Volume Down/Mute (accessed via either keyboard or windows sound mixer)

Result in Zik3 Headphones: Sound DOES NOT change accordingly, that is, no way to Mute the sound Whatsoever, No effect in sound volume intensity when modifying the volume levels in windows (I can use the touch panel of the headphones but i like to use the windows controls instead! and furthermore 3.07 removes the capacity of the usb audio device (headphones) to be muted at the user's request! which is silly!!!)

Reverting to 3.06 brings back windows audio controls in usb 5.1 mode, no problems with any other fw version other than 3.07

Retired contributor

Dear parrot123, in USB connection, the touch panel should still work. If not, please describe precisely what you have encountered as problems. It could be linked to the USB port : please try different port for this can be a cutoff to PC manufacturer which often design USB ports preferentially. Which Windows version is it?

Olivier.

Retired contributor

Dear ZeroEx, indeed, we can not cumulate Surround 5.1 and 24bit/48kHz settings. The PC does allow to have the choice but not both.

Olivier.

parrot123
Master navigator

And in the process you screwed up with basic USB functionality!!!!

On Windows, volume up/Volume Down and Mute controls DO NOT WORK ANYMORE !!!!!!!

Go back and do a quick fix to that!

I'm reverting to previous version! Parrot, Please confirm you have acknowledged it!

Work on the Firmware related right ear cup problems present since version 3.01!, YOUR NOISE CANCELLING NEEDS WORK SO IT DOESN"T INTRODUCE NOISE IN THE RIGHT EARCUP. that's better instead of adding xxxx-bit audio functionality while screwing up basic stuff like Windows audio controls not working.. I like my disable audio button in windows it's very handy.

Parrot is not even conforming to basic testing procedures before releasing sw updates!

ZeroEx
Master Observer

It's probably worth noting that you can only get 24 bits but you lose 5.1

If you want 24 bits on windows, you have to disable 5.1 and switch to stereo. Otherwise it's unavailable.

Highlighted
Retired contributor

New firmware v 3.07 for Zik 3

Hi all,

A new firmware has been released for the zik 3 bringing the support of 24 bits / 48 kHz on USB audio. The release note has been updated.

Parrot Community Search the Knowledge Base before posting a new topic. Reach the Customer Service "Contact Us".
ParrotAdmin handle is used for community administration only, please don't PM this profile.