7 REPLIES
Master Observer

Re: Does not connect to the app

I have the same issue (parrot zik3, iPhone 6 iOS 11) : the app does not connect to the device although sound seems good. 

So I try to connect to my iPad 4 mini which has the iPad version of the app => the app can connect to my headphone. I think Parrot built two different apps : 1 for iPhone, the other for iPad. Unfortunately, only one still works.

Master Observer

I have a Zik 3 and connect to my iPhone X on iOS 11.1. Device not recognised by app but connected to phone. Have performed all possible and/ or available steps but with no result.

Explorer

Carbonator, thanks a lot but  that didn't work for me.... Any channce that Parrot might write a fix for the app. Headphones are perfect. I't a pity they become almost useless without the app!

Master Observer

unfortunately that didn't work for me. I think the connect app is broken on iOS 11, it works on my iPhone 6 that's still on iOS 10 but not on my 6S+ which is on 11 after trying many troubleshooting steps

Master Observer

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If you are still having the issue. I was searching for a solution too and came upon your post.

What worked for me:

Forget the device

Turn off phone

Remove battery from headphone, and back in of course.

Turn the headset on

Boot the phone

Pair the device

Turn on app

Good luck!

Explorer

Hi,

I had the same issue with my Zik 1 as Flaco58. I followed all the advice- removed the device from Blutooth list and re-paired it again, reinstalled, the Parrot Audio Suite app, re-updated the firmware, rebooted the device - nothing helped- the app won't recognize Ziks, however they connect perfectly and I can listen to the music but none of the features  work,though earlier ( a couple of weeks ago) everything was fine.

I'm using my Zik 1 with iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2.

Any ideas how to fix this app connection issue ?

Greatly appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Flaco58,
Can you specify the device you are using with the Zik and "Parrot Audio Suite" ? Can you specify the version of OS you are using ?
Note that Zik App is for Parrot Zik 2.0 and Parrot Zik 3.
Have you tried to

1/ Remove the zik from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone and pair it again ?

2/ Uninstall / Install again Parrot Audio Suite app ?
If you need to update the update file is available on the website/Community, to do so download the .plf file and follow the update procedure. Thank you.

Parrot Community - Parrot Moderator
Don't forget to search for related topics and knowledge base before posting a new topic. Please share your setup (smartdevice model + OS version + firmwares versions installed in the Parrot product). You can "Contact Us" to reach customer Service.

Master Observer

Does not connect to the app

My Parrot Zik 1 used to connect to the app but now the device does not see the headset in the app.

I can stil play music from the phone but cannot update the firmware or make any changes to the stream.

Can you please help me?